UKC Christmas trolling competition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 07 Dec 2021

Right,

Inspired by another thread. It's back. The big one. The one we're all dreaming of.

Rules:

1. No, you can't do it on UKC. The other channel however is fair game. As is the horse and hound forum, Mumsnet, Martin Lewis' weird website and feel free to get inventive with the Guardian comments section. 

2. No replying allowed. One OP / post and then run. 

3. Link or it didn't happen. 

4. Don't take it too seriously. 

Allez! Allez! 

ranger*goy 07 Dec 2021
In reply to bouldery bits:

When people talk about trolling, this is what I think of. Not the vicious nasty name calling. 

summo 07 Dec 2021

As in the competition that was held many years ago... you'd think it'll be easier these days. 

I'd set a deadline day to post a link, most replies wins? 

Bottom Clinger 07 Dec 2021

Scroll down this link. It’s me. I caught this monster  whilst trolling. True. On a Bucher Depth Raider trolled down to 20 feet.  

https://www.daleheadhall.co.uk/lake-district-wildlife

mondite 07 Dec 2021

I would suggest asking the mods to hide it in the chat forum. Avoids links being found and counter attacks.

freeflyer 08 Dec 2021

I had a look at Martin Lewis as I'm not brave enough to sign up for mumsnet, but it seems some b'stard called Pearce7630 has beaten me to it:

Site Visits: 1
Forum: Savings and Investments
Title: BITCOIN
Post: "Is investing in Bitcoin really worth it or is it all just a scam ?"
Replies: 1,360

Respect.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6218458/bitcoin

Edit: link (NB not an entry as sadly I am not Pearce7630, although I should probably have tried to cheat).

Post edited at 00:40
 deepsoup 08 Dec 2021
In reply to ranger*goy:

> When people talk about trolling, this is what I think of. Not the vicious nasty name calling. 

jkarran called it "old fashioned sport trolling" in the other thread, but surely it's trad?

FBSF 08 Dec 2021

its 2021, really?

'The other channel however is fair game.' considering there is a fair overlap between the two.....good luck

deepsoup 08 Dec 2021
In reply to FBSF:

> considering there is a fair overlap between the two.....good luck

I don't think a lot of luck would be required, but it probably goes a bit against the spirit of the thing for anyone to troll a forum they're already a regular on.

There's a much bigger overlap between UKC and UKC, but the reason trolling at 'home' is not allowed is mainly that it's too easy.  The OP being an obvious troll has rarely stopped us biting here if it pushes the right buttons.

Mike Stretford 08 Dec 2021
In reply to ranger*goy:

> When people talk about trolling, this is what I think of. Not the vicious nasty name calling. 

Nasty name calling is what will happen if your 'hilarious japes' are successful.... so it's just as bad.

The whole thing's well past its sell by date.

Philip 08 Dec 2021

Trolling on UKC used to be fun and easy. But as it's now mostly old people who don't climb arguing with old people who used to climb it's not worth it.

OP bouldery bits 08 Dec 2021

Here's my entry:

https://tinyurl.com/4bd9thpu  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...