UKC - thank you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Hood 29 Mar 2020

Just a quick note of thanks to Alan and all the team at "UKC Towers" (home working no doubt) for keeping UKC going during this time so that we can:

• Carry on squabbling
  • Discuss both important and trivial things
  • Obtain information about all sorts of things (not just CV) because there's bound to be a UKC user who knows about it or is actually an expert in that field.

Thank you

Sean Kelly 29 Mar 2020
In reply to Michael Hood:

Amen!

Indeed. And outside the forums the site remains a treasure trove of information which, perhaps, we can now spend more time exploring. Top stuff which shouldn't pass without both acknowledgement and thanks.

T.

bouldery bits 29 Mar 2020

This place is mad.

Stichtplate 29 Mar 2020

Personally speaking, I find UKC fairly important to my mental wellbeing simply as a place to vent. I often find myself turning up on here to air the irascible and irritable parts of my character that I just can't inflict on people at work or at home.

I really should apologise to the many UKCers who've found themselves on the receiving end. I should... but bollocks to you, you're all ruffty tuffty outdoorsy types, I'm sure you can handle it.

Edit: Should've added...Thank you very much UKC

Post edited at 12:23
 Dax H 29 Mar 2020

Very good shout indeed and a thank you from me too.

I know in theory this is a climbing forum but in my opinion it's the best general forum I have ever found. 

After far too many years reading this forum it's getting to the point where its my go to place for news and information to filter out all the fake news, crap and sensational headlines. 

Like you say there is pretty much always an expert or 2 in the particular subject being discussed and over the years you learn who is credible and who talks shite. 

Blue Straggler 29 Mar 2020

And thanks from me too. It’s my only social media aside from Facebook, and the latter is inherently more of a “confirmation bias bubble” due to a self-selected network. 
Here I see broader views from a more diverse network (I know the forum posters still do fit into a certain demographic but it all blends well with my Facebook) 

Mick Ward 29 Mar 2020

> Just a quick note of thanks to Alan and all the team at "UKC Towers" (home working no doubt) for keeping UKC going during this time...

Totally agree. It's horribly easy to take this place for granted, as though it's like free water or free electricity or free something else. My guess is that their workload is gruelling anyway, never mind the problems of CV.

> Obtain information about all sorts of things (not just CV) because there's bound to be a UKC user who knows about it or is actually an expert in that field.

Am continutally stunned by the depth and breadth of knowledge on here, together with an absolute minimum of bullshit. Also a huge willingness to help others.

Mick

krikoman 29 Mar 2020

aye, cheers, UKC staff

BusyLizzie 29 Mar 2020

Yes, huge thanks. Love you all to pieces!

Thanks Michael and the other for supportive replies.

Since we have always worked from home the way we work hasn't changed at all, however, the web site traffic has gone up to 150% normal level and our editorial content is under greater scrutiny and has gained significance.

At present we are aiming to maintain things as normal for as long as we can. Unfortunately, this isn't possible for many of the companies which support us through advertising and we are also expecting to see a significant drop-off in Rockfax book sales. We are caught in the slightly uncomfortable position of being busier than ever, hence requiring full staff, but facing a drop off in revenue. 

We are aware that many people are struggling but, for those that are able, one excellent way to support us is to maintain, or take out, a subscription to the Rockfax app. This has the benefit of giving you a great product to enthuse over as well as supporting the full UKC/Rockfax business including the freelance Rockfax book authors.

Read more about the app and how to subscribe here - https://www.rockfax.com/publications/rockfax-app/

Thanks

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...