TV remote frustration

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber david 09 May 2019

Does anyone have any tips for linking a Toshiba remote control to a Toshiba TV? The remote turns the TV on but won't do anything on else (change channel, volume or turn the TV off). Its a good few years old now and has been sitting unused in a loft for a while.

I can't say for sure whether the remote is the one that came with the TV so I don't know of that is part of the issue. I also can't say for sure if the remote used to work with the TV or not. Apart from that the TV works great (with a Google Chromecast which is all we use it for) so if the remote doesn't work then its not the world

Anyone got any ideas?

wilkie14c 09 May 2019
In reply to climber david:

You need to find the remote ‘code’ that the TV requires, then you need to find out how to program the remote with that code. Sometimes easier to simply buy a new remote ready programmed of ebay. Got one for my mums Samsung recently, looks the same as original, works perfectly and cost a tenner

Dax H 10 May 2019
In reply to climber david:

I recently had a revelation. The logitech harmony hub. £50 on amazon plus a free phone app. Rather than playing the game of where the hell has the wife put the remote this time every day we now both have the app and can control the TV, sky box and soundbar from our phones. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...