Trustly- anyone use them? Why?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I've been having difficulty getting payment from e-bay paid into my santander account.

I received one payment a couple of weeks ago no problem, but with my latest e-bay sale I can't get payment, and they are trying to push me into linking my santander account via Trustly. This seems to require me to provide trustly with my bank account log on details and they will have access to my bank balance details until 2037!

Sounds quite dodgy/alarming, but googling seems to suggest Trustly are a reputable company.

Anyone here have experience with them? Why would I want to let them have access to my details? Is there any benefit to me, above just paying and receiving money directly from/to my santander account?

I'd never heard of them before and am suprised that e-bay seem to be strong arming customers into using them.

Neil Williams 07 Nov 2022
In reply to mountain.martin:

The reviews of them are awful:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/trustly.com

I guess it wants to verify your account.  Does the "microdeposit" route not work?

In reply to Neil Williams:

Thanks Neil, I went through the faff and delay of the microdeposit route and it didn't work first time, (might have been my fault) now having to wait several more days for more micro deposits.

Looking at Tustly they make out that they make payments easier, but I can't see any discernable benefits over just using my bank account. It just adds a middle man, and gives access to all my financial records to a company other than my bank.

I feel I must be missing some great reason for using them (other than e-bay want me to) but I can't see it.

In reply to Neil Williams:

And, blimey, yes thanks for pointing me at the reviews. Glad I didn't give them access to my bank account. Even if they are a proper company they don't sound like a good one to deal with.

Ciro 07 Nov 2022

If you're forced to use this third party, you could always open a second current account with a different bank, and only use it to collect payment and forward to your main bank account, avoiding any access to your personal finances?

stubbed 07 Nov 2022
In reply to Ciro:

Why not transfer from ebay direct into this second bank account instead of using Trustly?

druridge 07 Nov 2022

Got to say we also have an account in which we just keep small amounts of money, specifically for internet purchases etc. I'm not into giving access to my bank details to some of these companies

profitofdoom 07 Nov 2022

> ....This seems to require me to provide trustly with my bank account log on details....

Never, ever provide bank account log on details. To anyone ever. IMO. Also, no trustworthy company would ever ask for them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...