Tory Leaders and drugs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete Pozman 08 Jun 2019

First Rory Stewart and opium. Next Gove and coke. Then Leadsome and dope. One by one they're all owning up to a past habit.

All except Boris... Now who would have thought that. 

Removed User 08 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

quite-it appears to be turning into some kind of stoner Olympics

Lusk 08 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Never trust anyone who says they've never taken drugs.

artif 08 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Looks like musical chairs, last one to own up gets the job. Better to be known as a junkie than a pm trying to make brexit work

Yanis Nayu 08 Jun 2019
In reply to Lusk:

I haven’t!

earlsdonwhu 08 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

They are just trying to show they are more interesting than May who only admitted to running through corn fields. Waiting to hear about McVey and her crack habit and others on mushrooms, ecstasy etc. Mind you it's enough to deter anyone from taking drugs if they think they might turn out like Gove and the rest of them.

toad 08 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

They are all on cake. Have you seen Goveys Shatners Basoon? Disgusting!

balmybaldwin 08 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Boris admitted Cocaine use on HIGNFY but claims to have sneezed

Bob Kemp 09 Jun 2019
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

It certainly demolished the idea that drugs are cool anymore.

Rob Exile Ward 09 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Shouldn't they all a) subject themselves to the mercy of the Justice system and/or b) review the current laws? After all, continuing to support a law that would have criminalised them if they'd been caught with drugs, but seems not to have done them any harm (other than becomingTorys, obviously), seems the height of hypocrisy.

Ciro 09 Jun 2019
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

Not only supporting the existing laws - when he was education minister, his department introduced new rules that disqualified anyone caught in possession of class As from teaching. Fine to run the country though.

machine 09 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

They should all be put in prison and Boris who is far from squeaky clean himself should be put on remedial shirt tucking in training.

cander 09 Jun 2019
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

Struggling to think of anyone getting taken to court for drug use these days, unless they’re driving a car.

tehmarks 09 Jun 2019
In reply to cander:

Though the limit is set so low for some drugs that I'm sure many people end up in court for driving whilst over the limit even though they're not impaired in any way shape or form nor have been for some time.

Tyler 09 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

I wish someone would ask him what exactly he "profoundly regrets" about it.

Post edited at 13:04
 rogerwebb 09 Jun 2019
In reply to cander:

> Struggling to think of anyone getting taken to court for drug use these days, unless they’re driving a car.

Plenty do north of the border. 

MonkeyPuzzle 09 Jun 2019
In reply to cander:

Drug use isn't the crime, it's drug possession, and I know people who have done time for it.

cander 09 Jun 2019
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

I don’t, people who do time are dealing.

Tyler 09 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

All I can say is that it's a good job none of them have been caught drinking a tinnie on a TFL train otherwise all hell would have broken loose in the press.

Post edited at 22:54
 Timmd 09 Jun 2019
In reply to tehmarks:

> Though the limit is set so low for some drugs that I'm sure many people end up in court for driving whilst over the limit even though they're not impaired in any way shape or form nor have been for some time.

There was an interesting test done in Canada or America, I think it's on youtube, where they got a variety of people stoned, including somebody who was either a very habitual user or used it medicinally who was the most frequent user IIRC, and they ended up smoking different amounts before the advanced driving instructor said that he'd not be comfortable to be driven by them on the public road. The most frequent user turned out to be able to get rather stoned indeed before her driving was judged to be sub par. The upshot was that different people are affected to different degrees.

Post edited at 23:47
 Andy Clarke 10 Jun 2019
In reply to Tyler:

> I wish someone would ask him what exactly he "profoundly regrets" about it.

Getting caught. 

The Lemming 10 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Why don't they do a Drug Test on the candidates just before voting starts and publish the findings?

PaulJepson 10 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

"Rich tw*ts do coke" - SHOCKER.

marsbar 10 Jun 2019
In reply to Timmd:

I had a friend who self medicated daily with weed. Dreadful as it sounds to condone it I think his driving was probably safer for it.  

However he was quite an extreme case.  

marsbar 10 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

For me the issue is the one law for them and another for the "plebs" as they might say.  

Hypocrisy as usual.  All in it together chaps.  

marsbar 10 Jun 2019
In reply to Lusk:

Unless you count caffeine, booze, paracetamol or prescribed for me class Bs then feel free not to trust me. 

I'd count caffeine.  People would get headaches mood swings and generally grumpy and in a rage if someone hid their coffee and give them decaff.  

Chris H 10 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Victoria derbyshire has just called jeremy hunt jeremy cnt

youtube.com/watch?v=TseXQmYiWx0&

krikoman 10 Jun 2019
In reply to Chris H:

Ha ha , back of the net!!!

"I've never said that before in my life", yer right

BFG 10 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

There's a very simple reason that Boris isn't coming out and saying anything now; he's being very heavily managed to avoid any gaffes.

Oh... and he also admitted to cocaine and dope use 11 years ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/apr/04/boris.london08 

tehmarks 10 Jun 2019
In reply to Timmd:

Absolutely agree - however I don't think anyone will still be impaired to any measurable degree half a day after smoking a spliff, whereas they could still easily be above the threshold for drug driving.

It seems like a sneaky and unscientific way of criminalising drug use in general - because if you smoke weed even vaguely regularly, you'll probably always fail a roadside test no matter whether you're high or sober at the time.

Timmd 10 Jun 2019
In reply to tehmarks:

> Absolutely agree - however I don't think anyone will still be impaired to any measurable degree half a day after smoking a spliff, whereas they could still easily be above the threshold for drug driving.

I think I probably would be, because it would make me feel like my mind was 'fragmenting' I think. 

Post edited at 12:28
 coinneach 10 Jun 2019
In reply to marsbar:

It's a real pity that none of the drugs ingested seem to be the " mind expanding " variety

Dewi Williams 10 Jun 2019
In reply to BFG:

He has admitted it, then denied it, then said it was probably icing sugar. You have to ask if someone who sticks icing sugar up their nose is someone who is mentally competent to run the country? 

ALF_BELF 10 Jun 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Smoking the ecstasy pipe and sniffing the Kingston drain pipe. Tip top 

Timmd 11 Jun 2019
In reply to coinneach:

> It's a real pity that none of the drugs ingested seem to be the " mind expanding " variety

When it was legal I took some shrooms in my teens, and suddenly realised that the whole world was a power struggle in a way I hadn't done before, in an 'Oh yeah' sense. 

It possibly dampened any youthful idealism compared to that which some friends had at the time, though, along the lines of people coming together to make a change, or by the time I was in my mid 20's. It didn't stop me wanting a change (it'd be great if some 'shift' could happen), but I think I saw people as too individualistic and self motivated. On pondering why there were intelligence agencies in each country, and it being down to a lack of trust, and a relative explaining about Putin invading Chechnya in response to domestic politics problems, and seeing the treadmill which capitalism is, a positive coming together of people was kinda hard to envisage.

Edit: It's hard to tell looking back though, when youthful idealism faded. Oh well. Maybe stopping the world from becoming inhospitable for ourselves can be what does it, what makes us look beyond our noses. We're honestly screwed if we don't. 

Post edited at 14:11
Removed User 12 Jun 2019
In reply to marsbar:

maybe not...……….

when i gave up caffeine everyone at work said they couldn't live with out it and I must be mad etc etc and that they can totally tell the difference between the two types...…

So I secretly switched the coffee and no one knew till it ran out over 3 weeks later and I told them....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...