To paraphase Churchill..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Darron 13 Dec 2019

The,ah, battle for Brexit has ended........the battle for the NHS  begins......

DerwentDiluted 13 Dec 2019
In reply to Darron:

This is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end, but it is perhaps the end of the beginning.

Philip 13 Dec 2019
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

> This is not the end, it is the beginning of the end.

Fixed it.

Cú Chullain 13 Dec 2019

Cairo!....very unstable, politically, pandemonium!... ....a poisonous monkey... [rambles] ...very small chaps, but immensely strong...hah! like that. It was a completely wasted journey......Snake! Snake! Aah! Brrr! Gin!.....lift the thing up, I didn't know what to do.........I made a dreadful hash of his arm, I really did.........I freely admit, that I was very, very drunk.

In reply to Darron:

“In War: Resolution,
In Defeat: Defiance,
In Victory: Magnanimity
In Peace: Good Will.”

stevieb 13 Dec 2019
In reply to Darron:

To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day.

or

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.

toad 13 Dec 2019
In reply to Darron:

It’s Game Over, man. Game Over!!

Nempnett Thrubwell 13 Dec 2019
In reply to Darron:

I know you've not made any claims in the last year - but we've put your renewal quote up just for giggles to see if you would automatically renew.

Bob Kemp 13 Dec 2019
In reply to Darron:

Marina Hyde skewered Johnson's Churchillian delusions very effectively the other day:

"Time for a historical perspective, perhaps: despite having an underground bedroom as part of the war rooms complex, Boris Johnson’s hero Winston Churchill declined to sleep in it any more than four or five times in the entire second world war, including during the blitz when London was under sustained nightly bombardment. Without wishing to go out on a limb, then, it is difficult to imagine Winston Churchill fleeing a lone Pathé news camera to conceal himself inside a refrigerator." 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/11/fridge-hiding-the-final-fr...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...