Tinfoil hats

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 minimike 09 Apr 2021

I’ve just emailed my MP here in Leeds a link to the campaign to request for a ban on these. The response was pretty non comital basically that there is existing legislation so no further action or legislation is needed.

It seems to me that three conspiracy theories in two weeks in Harehills alone means the legislation and campaigns really aren’t working. Coincidentally I was in Aldi today and walked into the store past two 5ft high ‘campaigners’ in full prepper gear. it got me thinking which country are they actually fromand what’s the actual source of the tinned spam ? Sustainable or not ? It would be a double post-truth whammy if they are adding to disinformation overseas and also burning vast swathes of our sanity.

Post edited at 20:00
In reply to minimike:

My brain does this to me too if I spend too long on here 😉

freeflyer 09 Apr 2021
In reply to minimike:

Oh dear. You have clearly not tried the right tinfoil hat.

There are any number of free designs available online, however for a small consultancy fee I would be happy to make the necessary measurements and provide you with 99.9999% protection against bill and his mates, aliens, 5G, and other waveforms.

Unfortunately owing to the pandemic, prices have gone up.

I can't protect you against viruses or vaccines though; for that you need a bunker.

If you reject my offer and are still desperate to further the cause, you could start one of those government petitions?

In reply to minimike:

Can someone please tell me what this about.

Garethza 09 Apr 2021
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

This is UKC.

CantClimbTom 10 Apr 2021
In reply to captain paranoia:

No, the title of the post is clearly given. OP wants us to help by lobbying our MPs for a legal ban on tin foil hats.

From a climbing point of view, I don't see that it's a big deal. Check their websites but None of the main manufacturers (Petzl, Camp, DMM, etc etc) openly advertise they make tin foil climbing helmets, so this is all kept pretty discreet

In reply to minimike:

It is not hats that are the problem it is people. I wear my hat responsibly.

Beer comes in tin cans, should we ban that too

😁

freeflyer 10 Apr 2021
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

The Australian government has some relevant information:

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-...

Bottom Clinger 10 Apr 2021
In reply to Presley Whippet:

> It is not hats that are the problem it is people. I wear my hat responsibly.

> Beer comes in tin cans, should we ban that too

> 😁

It’s the disposable nature of tin foil hats really gets my goat. If they made them out of cast iron then people would re-use them. 

Lankyman 10 Apr 2021
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

> It’s the disposable nature of tin foil hats really gets my goat. If they made them out of cast iron then people would re-use them. 

Tin foil is perfectly recyclable. Even better if the head is left inside

wercat 10 Apr 2021
In reply to minimike:

I prefer Mu-metal.  Are you going to ban that?

In reply to wercat:

> I prefer Mu-metal.  Are you going to ban that?

Was Mirvana a Mu Metal band?

In reply to wercat:

> I prefer Mu-metal.  Are you going to ban that?

Pink Floyd were the first Mu Metal band. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...