UKH

/ The V&A in Dundee

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
keith-ratcliffe on 12 Sep 2018

Scotland's TV today is full of the launch of the Victoria & Albert Museum at Dundee and personally I can't wait to get there.

The impact of this on the regeneration of the City figures highly in the reports but to be fair to the BBC there was a parallel report on the deeper issues affecting the city which has more than its fair share of crime & drug problems.

My question is this - can a global art installation such as the V&A really influence the future of this fine city or do the old problems need sorting out first or indeed are both aspects essential to a way forward?

elsewhere on 12 Sep 2018
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

> My question is this - can a global art installation such as the V&A really influence the future of this fine city or do the old problems need sorting out first or indeed are both aspects essential to a way forward?

Maybe

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guggenheim_Museum_Bilbao

I like climbing - on 13 Sep 2018

I really want to see it too. I don’t know Dundee but I imagine the increased revenue to the city can only help fund solutions to any problems.

cander - on 13 Sep 2018
In reply to I like climbing:

Dundee is what I like to think of as the Scottish riviera, very similar to Nice really, I think you’re in for a treat

RomTheBear on 13 Sep 2018

Will be going at the earliest opportunity.

No doubt a game changer but investment (private and public) has to follow to leverage.

Post edited at 16:13
Bob Kemp - on 13 Sep 2018
In reply to cander:

Nah - it's Scotland's answer to San Francisco...

Post edited at 17:03
Robert Durran - on 13 Sep 2018
In reply to Bob Kemp:

> Nah - it's Scotland's answer to San Francisco...

Nah - it's Tayside's answer to Clydebank.....

I like climbing - on 14 Sep 2018
In reply to cander:

Brilliant! Can’t wait - I love Nice !

Post edited at 00:26
Eric9Points - on 14 Sep 2018
In reply to Robert Durran:

I like to think of it as Lagos, but without the mosquitos.

Post edited at 12:10
Richard Baynes - on 14 Sep 2018
In reply to Eric9Points: I can’t quite see the scale of it and the concrete elements but my first thought watching telly tonight was ‘who will get the first ascent?’! Deep water solo?

tom_in_edinburgh - on 14 Sep 2018
In reply to Bob Kemp:

It's Scotland's answer to South San Francisco...   (FTFY).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.