The V&A in Dundee

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Scotland's TV today is full of the launch of the Victoria & Albert Museum at Dundee and personally I can't wait to get there.

The impact of this on the regeneration of the City figures highly in the reports but to be fair to the BBC there was a parallel report on the deeper issues affecting the city which has more than its fair share of crime & drug problems.

My question is this - can a global art installation such as the V&A really influence the future of this fine city or do the old problems need sorting out first or indeed are both aspects essential to a way forward?

elsewhere 12 Sep 2018
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

> My question is this - can a global art installation such as the V&A really influence the future of this fine city or do the old problems need sorting out first or indeed are both aspects essential to a way forward?

Maybe

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guggenheim_Museum_Bilbao

I really want to see it too. I don’t know Dundee but I imagine the increased revenue to the city can only help fund solutions to any problems.

cander 13 Sep 2018
In reply to I like climbing:

Dundee is what I like to think of as the Scottish riviera, very similar to Nice really, I think you’re in for a treat

RomTheBear 13 Sep 2018

Will be going at the earliest opportunity.

No doubt a game changer but investment (private and public) has to follow to leverage.

Post edited at 16:13
 Bob Kemp 13 Sep 2018
In reply to cander:

Nah - it's Scotland's answer to San Francisco...

Post edited at 17:03
 Robert Durran 13 Sep 2018
In reply to Bob Kemp:

> Nah - it's Scotland's answer to San Francisco...

Nah - it's Tayside's answer to Clydebank.....

In reply to cander:

Brilliant! Can’t wait - I love Nice !

Post edited at 00:26
Removed User 14 Sep 2018
In reply to Robert Durran:

I like to think of it as Lagos, but without the mosquitos.

Post edited at 12:10
 Richard Baynes 14 Sep 2018
In reply to Removed User: I can’t quite see the scale of it and the concrete elements but my first thought watching telly tonight was ‘who will get the first ascent?’! Deep water solo?

In reply to Bob Kemp:

It's Scotland's answer to South San Francisco...   (FTFY).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...