The Myth of Being Unlovable - article

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
cb294 18 Sep 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Hope that helps you! I would not call it a myth, though, but a common misconception caused by a dysregulation of your normal brain biochemistry. This can of course be influenced by meditation, mindfulness, or the auto feedback steps outlined in your link.

And of course antidepressives, which from my own experience I can only recommend again.

CB

In reply to cb294:

> Hope that helps you! I would not call it a myth, though, but a common misconception caused by a dysregulation of your normal brain biochemistry. This can of course be influenced by meditation, mindfulness, or the auto feedback steps outlined in your link.

Everything I can read that gives a different perspective on mental health issues is generally helpful.

In instances such as this I think the more sh1t I throw at the wall, the more chance I have of making some stick .

Or at least be remembered in the darkest moments.

> And of course antidepressives, which from my own experience I can only recommend again.

Well I'm at the Dr next week so I am going to explore my options as I am coming to believe that I need to get my emotions levelled out , and some strange feelings have started to become more common.

cb294 18 Sep 2019

I hope that posting on here convinces you that you are not alone (even if the companionship is only virtual), and that you are not the only one to suffer from similar problems at some point in their life. Many of those replying have overcome their problems and I hope you can take aspiration from that for yourself.

When I was suffering from stress induced depression I was initially prescribed some psychotherapy, but ended it after one session because I could not see eye to eye with the therapist (this was clear to me within seconds after entering her waiting room, all crystals and other new age bullshit). I then had a year of cognitive behavioural therapy, which did not help at all, but then turned to antidepressives, which worked wonders.

I encourage you again to give it a try, the SSRIs had absolutely no side effects and changed nothing about my personality but my mood, which was the point.

CB

In reply to cb294:

> I hope that posting on here convinces you that you are not alone (even if the companionship is only virtual), and that you are not the only one to suffer from similar problems at some point in their life. Many of those replying have overcome their problems and I hope you can take aspiration from that for yourself.

Yes it helps.

I don't have many people to talk to otherwise .   I'm sure I would be in a worse position without UKC 

Toerag 18 Sep 2019

>  I don't have many people to talk to otherwise .   I'm sure I would be in a worse position without UKC 

On behalf of everyone on here looking out for you, thanks. Don't forget we're always here for you (and anyone else in your shoes).

marsbar 18 Sep 2019

There is a lot of truth in there.  I hope it helps.  

It takes time and help and probably medication, but I’m living proof that you can get through to the other side.  Keep going. 

freeflyer 19 Sep 2019

Also take a look at this book, which expands on the idea that the unlovable feelings were given to you, and are not part of your core being (even if they feel like they are):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/THERE-NOTHING-WRONG-YOU-Compassionate/dp/097103090...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...