The Mogg - and how to wear your poppy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john arran 08 Nov 2019
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

He's either switched his investment portfolio to benefit from a Tory loss at the election, or he considers any publicity, however bad, to be better than none.

Curious to know which.

In reply to john arran:

It's remarkable after the Grenfell interview. I cannot for one minute imagine that he hasn't got a team of people on him at all times, and to not notice this! It looks like he's got it on his zip which makes sense as that looks like a waterproofed coat of some sort. But for goodness sake. 

skog 08 Nov 2019

I suppose that's just what happens when Nanny isn't around to help him.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/people/looking-back-when-a-young-jacob-rees-m...

DerwentDiluted 08 Nov 2019

Well done to the right honorable member for wearing a poppy I say.

Jenny C 08 Nov 2019

> It looks like he's got it on his zip which makes sense as that looks like a waterproofed coat of some sort. But for goodness sake. 

You can get self adhesive poppies. Look just like the normal ones but with no stem. 

In reply to Jenny C:

Would they stick to his cock, though?

Post edited at 23:30
 FactorXXX 09 Nov 2019
In reply to captain paranoia:

> Would they stick to his cock, though?

I think you're talking poppycock with that suggestion.

Pete Pozman 09 Nov 2019

I was wondering what Mogg would be suggesting the recent flood victims  do with regard to the advice of the emergency services. Maybe he'll wait till the water goes down before sharing his common sense with us. 

Tom Valentine 09 Nov 2019

Perhaps he should consult Corbyn about important sartorial matters.

Timmd 09 Nov 2019
In reply to Tom Valentine:

I think both would be pilloried in this case.

lorentz 09 Nov 2019

How low can  this odious little turd go?

About level with his "Johnson" apparently.

The "ruling class" are just clueless. Do you think his butler still does his tie for him in the morning?

Pete Pozman 09 Nov 2019

> Perhaps he should consult Corbyn about important sartorial matters.

He, at least, could stop taking his fashion cues from Lord Snooty and his Pals. What a complete twerp he is.

JLS 09 Nov 2019
In reply to lorentz:

>”Do you think his butler still does his tie for him in the morning?”

I hope bloody well not. His valet would have a heart-attack at the very thought.

Timmd 09 Nov 2019
In reply to JLS:

> >”Do you think his butler still does his tie for him in the morning?”

> I hope bloody well not. His valet would have a heart-attack at the very thought.

Quite right too.

JRM bashing aside, I did think it was off for somebody who didn't like him to tell one of his children that his own dad wasn't a very nice man, when they were both together on his doorstep or something like that. Whatever one's politics and things (he's somebody I'd struggle to say hello to, and he is morally hypocritical, in making money from the sale of abortion pills, which he is against as a Catholic), I thought that wasn't right at all. With threats to MP's welfare and their children going up, it's all part of a darkening national mood.

Post edited at 18:16
 toad 09 Nov 2019

I'm pretty sure the pompous popinjay wouldn't have made a mistake here. That will be the correct way to wear a poppy with that particular archaic item of apparel. Its a coded message to the plebs

wbo2 09 Nov 2019
In reply to Timmd:

Perhaps JRM shouldn't be towing his kids around as political jewellery to show what a family man he is.

That kid wasn't there for the child benefit 

Tom Valentine 09 Nov 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Not denying he' s a twerp but it's not actually in the crotch area unless he is very deformed and some punters are intimately aware of his disproportionate physique.

But obviously, accusing him of wearing it near his navel wouldn't strike the same note.

Timmd 09 Nov 2019
In reply to wbo2:

> Perhaps JRM shouldn't be towing his kids around as political jewellery to show what a family man he is.

> That kid wasn't there for the child benefit

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/jacob-rees-mogg-called-a-... 

Hmmn, it was a doorstep ambush last year. I guess children shouldn't cross their front door with their parents once they become MP's?

(I don't like JRM at all btw.)

It does seem like an odd place for his poppy.

Post edited at 18:55
 Pete Pozman 09 Nov 2019

Obviously I could not care less where he sticks his poppy. If it were me I would go inside and draw the curtains for a week if I'd dropped such a monumental clanger; he may just have lost the election for his party.

The self confidence of these Eton guys is unbelievable. 

JLS 09 Nov 2019
In reply to Timmd:

>”I did think it was off for somebody who didn't like him to tell one of his children that his own dad wasn't a very nice man”

There’s one of his kids that’s a bit of a mini-him, dressed up in the same forties garb and haircut. Had me thinking social services should be getting involved. Dressing the kid like that just seemed so cruelly. When I saw another of his kids that looked normal, I realised it was the other kid’s choice to be a chip off the old block. Who can say how his kids will turn out, but perhaps the worse effects of wealth and privilege on the character are equally as hard to escape than the worse effects of the ghetto.

Timmd 10 Nov 2019
In reply to JLS:

> >”I did think it was off for somebody who didn't like him to tell one of his children that his own dad wasn't a very nice man”

> Who can say how his kids will turn out, but perhaps the worse effects of wealth and privilege on the character are equally as hard to escape than the worse effects of the ghetto.

As hard to escape, but not as damaging on one's life prospects materially perhaps? Boarding school can be pretty damaging, an older sibling went to a music boarding school from mid teens and in hindsight had a bit of a fragile self confidence/ego for a few years (proportionally) after coming back again, but it seemed to work it's way out of his system eventually (my parents took out loans to try and get him to where his musical talent wouldn't be wasted). I'd imagine somebody could be warped for life if they went from childhood. I guess it comes down to things like empathy and the depth of people's imagination, and whether they've a sense of entitlement.

It's probably more worthwhile to think about one's own flaws and quirks, and work on them instead of pondering other peoples', more productive or useful.

Post edited at 00:13
 Blue Straggler 10 Nov 2019
In reply to JLS:

“looked normal”

Classy work, JLS 

JLS 10 Nov 2019
In reply to Timmd:

>”whether they've a sense of entitlement.”

That’s primarily what I was thinking would be hard to escape.

DancingOnRock 10 Nov 2019

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble.

It’s a poppy zip puller. As sold by the Royal British Legion. 

https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/ridged-poppy-clip-on-zip-puller.html

Timmd 10 Nov 2019
In reply to JLS:

> >”whether they've a sense of entitlement.”

> That’s primarily what I was thinking would be hard to escape.

Yeah, I reckon my Catholic upbringing popped up at the end, I can never ponder the flaws in others for long before my own come to mind. So long as I remember we're all fallible I keep the guilt ridden stereotype at bay. Jesus didn't die for our sins, he just gave up a weekend.

Post edited at 11:39
 Webster 10 Nov 2019
In reply to DancingOnRock:

but lets not let facts get in the way of a good story right?!

In reply to Webster:

It’s common sense to examine a photo carefully and do a 5 minute search before expressing your option on something. Isn’t it? 

Rob Exile Ward 10 Nov 2019

WTF are you on about? It is STILL a stupid, inelegant, clumsy and frankly disrespectful way to wear a poppy.

Tom Valentine 10 Nov 2019
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

Maybe you should make that point to the people marketing them as zip fastener clips, then, because we all know  that what goes up must come down.

> Maybe you should make that point to the people marketing them as zip fastener clips, then, because we all know  that what goes up must come down.

When I wear a zippered jacket it's usually undone (so off to the side), or zipped up above my navel or towards the top, depending on what I want to achieve thermally/rainproof wise. 

I'm also not a highly photographed MP who has just been called out for saying dead people in a burning flat, might have survived if they'd had his common sense... Which he's clearly showing not much of. The massive tw@t. 

Tom Valentine 10 Nov 2019

It's near his navel. What a monumental waste of time and energy trying to score points over such a trivial and completely inconsequential issue. It's just a repeat of the Corbyn anorak fiasco. 

Post edited at 17:27

Well done. Next time you are allowed out next have a look at how other people zip their jackets. You may be surprised. 

If your point is he is not wearing a regular poppy then that may hold some water. 
Apparently according to the RBL you can wear your poppy in whatever way you want. It’s the thought that counts. 

Rob Exile Ward 10 Nov 2019

'It's the thought that counts.'

Exactly.

> Well done. Next time you are allowed out next have a look at how other people zip their jackets. You may be surprised. 

Unless they're a high profile MP who has just said questionable things about people who have died in terrible circumstances, I'll not bother if it's all the same to you. 

> If your point is he is not wearing a regular poppy then that may hold some water. 

Not got a dog in that fight. 

> Apparently according to the RBL you can wear your poppy in whatever way you want. It’s the thought that counts.

Glad to hear it. 

Get a grip. 

tehmarks 11 Nov 2019

> It’s the thought that counts. 

Of which there clearly wasn't very much invested.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...