The Matterhorn has been removed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CantClimbTom 02 Jun 2023

It's gone, Matterhorn no more

Money grabbing ******s!

Fredt 02 Jun 2023
In reply to CantClimbTom:

Looks like the bear has gone too.

ExiledScot 02 Jun 2023

The USA company which owns the brand has moved production out of Switzerland which prevents them using the Swiss patented logos. 

> Money grabbing ******s!

Do you mean Mondelez?

I think they demonstrated that very clearly when they spaced out the chunks to make the bars lighter.

They also own Milka & Cadbury's.

Post edited at 21:34
OP CantClimbTom 02 Jun 2023
In reply to captain paranoia:

Yeah, I was insulting Mondelez not Toblerone, I like Toblerone it's a fact (I have to remind the wife) that all the pieces that have a "T" on them belong to me!

I remember Cadbury fiasco (although they were called Kraft, not Mondelez at that time) when they were allowed to buy Cadbury after they gave an assurance they wouldn't move production out of the UK. After they bought Cadbury they realised that the assurance wasn't legally binding and there'd be no penalty to just change their mind and move a lot of production outside the UK.

Post edited at 21:39
 babymoac 02 Jun 2023

They should substitute with Roseberry Topping.

In reply to babymoac:

I like Poundland's version, 'Twin Peaks' which claims to be modelled on the Wrekin and Ercall hills...

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/local-hubs/telford/2017/12/06/twin-peak...

Post edited at 23:06
 tom.e 02 Jun 2023
In reply to Fredt:

No, the bear is still there

Mr Lopez 03 Jun 2023
In reply to ExiledScot:

> The USA company which owns the brand has moved production out of Switzerland which prevents them using the Swiss patented logos. 

Can't they just use a view of the mountain from the Italian side? 

JCurrie 03 Jun 2023
In reply to fredt and tom.e:

I’d say it is a yeti leaning over a fire to warm its hands.

andyb211 04 Jun 2023

Still tastes nice though 👍

Post edited at 11:52

In reply to ExiledScot:

I'm v pro-Swiss when it comes to chocolate, so probably will not be buying Toblerone again.

Toerag 07 Jun 2023

>  After they bought Cadbury they realised that the assurance wasn't legally binding and there'd be no penalty to just change their mind and move a lot of production outside the UK.

I suspect they knew beforehand but lied about it.

LeeWood 07 Jun 2023
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

> I'm v pro-Swiss when it comes to chocolate, so probably will not be buying Toblerone again.

Thats just the factory you're talking about - a bit like supporting Liverpool or Man Utd - the players come from elsewhere !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...