The lockdown fashion comebacks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

What do you think ?

I think mullets will be the next big thing. 

In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Not for me, my friend. The advantage of growing it out lower than the eyeline is that you're blinded to what a tw*t you look when checking yourself out in a mirror!

kwoods 27 Apr 2020

Given the amount of my family that have gone full-on with the razor, skinhead will be the Covid-19 cut. If my hair wasn't so long already I'd probably cut it off too.

Post edited at 21:43
 marsbar 27 Apr 2020

Not really a mullet but I am sporting a rather 80s hair cut after my attempts at cutting it myself.  

Dax H 27 Apr 2020

I'm waiting for all the hipsters to cry when they find out they need to be clean shaven for a mask to be any use. 

I speak from experience, my beard of power (un clipped for the last 20 years or so) was sacrificed at the weekend to allow me to use RPE. I look like a 14 year old with wrinkles. 

PPP 27 Apr 2020

Beards seemed to have been dropped in popularity, maybe they’ll be back? Or handlebar moustache... 

angry pirate 28 Apr 2020
In reply to Dax H:

Do what the navy used to do: grease that beard right up then it will seal against a respirator nicely!

Pete Pozman 28 Apr 2020

I'm going for the full Mr Pastry. 

Dax H 28 Apr 2020
In reply to angry pirate:

Even with my beard I can (or could) pass a qualitative face fit test but the HSE are very clear on the subject, if you are wearing close fitting RPE you must be clean shaven. 

As it happens I don't use a close fit mask, I have an air fed hard hat with a face shield and a hood seal that comes round and under the chin. It pumps more air than you can breath so the excess comes out round the seal stopping anything getting in. The problem was my beard was too big for the hood to cover. 

Neil Williams 28 Apr 2020

Skinheads?  Easier to take it all off.

In reply to PPP:

> Beards seemed to have been dropped in popularity, maybe they’ll be back? Or handlebar moustache... 

I hope they have. I've been sporting a beard for 20 odd years. No fashion about it, just cant be arsed. It was very annoying when the hipsters took my identity. 

Hair-wise. I invested in some clippers and am now no1 all over my head and chin. I dont think I'll go back.

I like to think I look like Jason Statham but the length of my hair is the only similarity.

In reply to Neil Williams:

> Skinheads?  Easier to take it all off.

That will look great for our nation of Brexiters

😂

tlouth7 28 Apr 2020
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

> I hope they have. I've been sporting a beard for 20 odd years. No fashion about it, just cant be arsed. It was very annoying when the hipsters took my identity. 

Are you my dad?

jkarran 28 Apr 2020

I was hoping for a mullet but I got shaved instead. It's easier.

jk

Rob Exile Ward 28 Apr 2020
In reply to jkarran:

I watched Spinal Tap again last night. There's a lot of inspiration there.

GrahamD 28 Apr 2020

I'm currently sitting around in baggy jogging bottoms and a baggy sweatshirt.

So no fashion change there as far as I can see.

cb294 28 Apr 2020
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

This. Hipsters, bloody style thieves. They should also stay away from flannel shirts, they can keep their piercings and tattoos.

Since I could not get my regular hairdresser's appointment (regular as in regular six month intervals) I took my beard trimmer. My hair is now shorter than my beard. Looks OK, think I will keep that look.

CB

Toerag 28 Apr 2020
In reply to kwoods:

> Given the amount of my family that have gone full-on with the razor, skinhead will be the Covid-19 cut.

Definitely, at least two of my colleagues have gone down the clippers route this week.

nic dill 28 Apr 2020
In reply to Toerag:

I've got a Iberian mullet ( like a lazy hare krishna,who needs a shave),and my son has gone for a mohawk. Clothing wise, its been Ron hills for me and a onesie for him.... So not much difference from normal. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...