The Grand Wizards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 skog 25 Mar 2019
In reply to skog:

The disconnect is truly depressing.

Ramblin dave 25 Mar 2019
In reply to skog:

Meanwhile the Ku Klux Klan have issued an urgent statement denying any association with Chris Grayling.

jkarran 25 Mar 2019
In reply to skog:

It's just not possible. There is no way they can be this daft or insulated from reality. It's surreal performance art.

Jk

Kemics 25 Mar 2019
In reply to skog:

When they make George Osborne seem likeable, you know they are asshats 

OP skog 25 Mar 2019
In reply to Kemics:

I was thinking just that - how low have we sunk that George Osborne is now one of the good guys?!

Timmd 25 Mar 2019
In reply to skog: I was too. In other news, Trump is annoying China over Tibet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/21/world/asia/trump-china-tibet.html

It's a topsyturvey world.

subtle 26 Mar 2019
In reply to Timmd:

> I was too. In other news, Trump is annoying China over Tibet.

> It's a topsyturvey world.

That was back in December! Now hes just about to start building his wall   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47702152

Tyler 26 Mar 2019
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

> The disconnect is truly depressing.

Is there a disconnect? These people are well educated, their every utterance, more or less, cites a historical figure, event or movement and some of them have an on-going dialogue with Bannon. The KKK was the first thing that struck me when I saw the words Grand Wizard and I am not a politician who has to think about the meaning of everything I say.

It is inconceivable that everyone in the room did not know and even if some didn't the others would have told them.

In reply to skog:

Among the best tweets about it are people now calling it BreKKKit or BreKKKshit.

In reply to Tyler:

> Is there a disconnect? These people are well educated, their every utterance, more or less, cites a historical figure, event or movement and some of them have an on-going dialogue with Bannon. The KKK was the first thing that struck me when I saw the words Grand Wizard and I am not a politician who has to think about the meaning of everything I say.

> It is inconceivable that everyone in the room did not know and even if some didn't the others would have told them.

Do you not think this supports my view? If wilful/malicious = disconnected to the public they're supposed to serve. If ignorant/naive to any wider meaning = disconnected to... etc.

It beggars belief. 

lummox 26 Mar 2019
In reply to skog:

I much prefer the term Wizards sleeves for these big fannies

Alex@home 26 Mar 2019
In reply to skog:

For those of us that aren't on twitter, what do they say? 

OP skog 26 Mar 2019
In reply to Alex@home:

You don't have to be on twitter to read it - I just tried logging out, and the links still work.

If twitter is blocked for you, here are screenshots:

https://i.imgur.com/nJyh4gU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KdmxgwY.jpg

jkarran 26 Mar 2019
In reply to Tyler:

> It is inconceivable that everyone in the room did not know and even if some didn't the others would have told them.

It's reassuring to consider it yet another brexity fu*kup because the alternative is frankly too awful to credit. I fear you're right though, this is a blaring somewhat out of tune dogwhistle.

jk

Roadrunner6 26 Mar 2019
In reply to skog:

It is just brilliant.. it just seems a race to the bottom on either side of the Atlantic. 

Tyler 26 Mar 2019
In reply to jkarran:

I don't think it was a dog whistle though as it was never meant for public consumption, as evidenced by Kuenssberg's later attempt to do their damage limitation for them. It was a bunch of sixth formers indulging in some off colour japes. We've all done things that would not air well in public but a) we're not the govt, b) we all stop short of likening ourselves to the KKK. 

It was deliberate.

Tyler 26 Mar 2019
In reply to Roadrunner6:

> It is just brilliant.. it just seems a race to the bottom on either side of the Atlantic. 

We've reached he bottom, our politicians are now donning miners helmets and reaching for the dynamite. 

jkarran 26 Mar 2019
In reply to Tyler:

> I don't think it was a dog whistle though as it was never meant for public consumption

They're in the public eye like never before but none of them are new to this. Everything leaks eventually, these days with all the infighting it's in hours not years.

jk

Tyler 26 Mar 2019
In reply to jkarran:

> They're in the public eye like never before but none of them are new to this. Everything leaks eventually, these days with all the infighting it's in hours not years.

> jk

It does and that is where their stupidity/ignorance lies, not in their lack of understanding what a Grand Wizard was. 

jkarran 26 Mar 2019
In reply to Tyler:

> It does and that is where their stupidity/ignorance lies, not in their lack of understanding what a Grand Wizard was. 

I think you're being too generous. None of them are stupid.

jk

Post edited at 12:18
 Tyler 26 Mar 2019
In reply to jkarran:

You think they wanted it out there? That's a whole new level and I disagree. I was going to say there's not enough benefit to make the flack worthwhile but as there as been no flack who knows. 

jkarran 26 Mar 2019
In reply to Tyler:

The cynic in me sees their more mainstream middle class support base beginning to lose faith in brexit and the hardliners fearing they've overplayed their hand, accidentally crippling the brexit motivated PM with all their arm twisting. They're cornered, short of numbers in the house and on the streets and they're all the more dangerous for it. Our fear of the repercussions should we pause to question brexit, the thuggery of those vocal few the klan allusions will appeal to and energise is one tool they have left. Paranoid? I hope so.

jk

Alex@home 26 Mar 2019
In reply to skog:

Wow. Looks like they found the secret compartment underneath the barrel

lummox 26 Mar 2019
In reply to Alex@home:

Will the Monocled Spewtineer ( thanks James O’Brien) still be allowed in the gang now he’s happy to be part of a vassal state?

Philip 26 Mar 2019
In reply to skog:

One private secretary wrote GW on the door , for Giant Wankers.

When asked to explain he came up with Grand Wizards.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...