The ‘gang of blue anarchists’

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bob Kemp 13 Sep 2020

The Observer’s Andrew Rawnsley on how we no longer have a recognisable Conservative Party:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/13/the-escalating-delinq...

Margaret Thatcher will be spinning in her grave...

In reply to Bob Kemp:

> The Observer’s Andrew Rawnsley on how we no longer have a recognisable Conservative Party:

> Margaret Thatcher will be spinning in her grave...

Zombie Thatcher.  Now that would eat out brains .

BnB 13 Sep 2020
In reply to Bob Kemp:

You and I don’t see eye to eye on many political issues but it’s hard not to agree with every word of this article.

Timmd 14 Sep 2020
In reply to BnB:

I think my Dad's partner who is a Conservative would agree as well.

She's slightly reticent about sharing her politics, but I'm slightly keen to know what she thinks.

Post edited at 12:34
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Didn't they put a stake through her heart when they buried her "to be on the safe side"? 

OP Bob Kemp 14 Sep 2020
In reply to Bob Kemp:

This article by John Harris takes a similar approach:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/13/tories-new-unscrupulo...

neilh 14 Sep 2020
In reply to Bob Kemp:

A more nuanced summary form the Economist on the historical roots of the current lot.

https://www.economist.com/britain/2020/09/12/the-modern-tory-partys-uncompr...

In reply to Bob Kemp:

It's as if they're being reprehensible on purpose. Politics is that ugly these days, I (and doubtless millions of others) have disconnected with it. Giving them carte blanche to behave as they please. It's comforting to think that there could be a snapping point but cast your eyes East to Russia, for example and it's clear these regimes can rumble on for generations.

OP Bob Kemp 14 Sep 2020
In reply to neilh:

Was it nuanced? It looked more like an attempt at claiming the current idiocy is in the conservative tradition. 

Cobra_Head 14 Sep 2020
In reply to Bob Kemp:

> Margaret Thatcher will be spinning in her grave...

She deserves to be.

You're right about this lot though too.

Trevers 14 Sep 2020
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

> It's as if they're being reprehensible on purpose. Politics is that ugly these days, I (and doubtless millions of others) have disconnected with it. Giving them carte blanche to behave as they please. It's comforting to think that there could be a snapping point but cast your eyes East to Russia, for example and it's clear these regimes can rumble on for generations.

I'm certain they're being deliberately appalling. It helps the culture war perpetuate itself. So long as their supporters can foam at the mouth and shout about lefties and traitors, they won't notice how the government is preparing to shaft them.

earlsdonwhu 14 Sep 2020
In reply to Trevers:

It will get really ugly when the 'red wall' realise they have been shafted. Cummings and his puppet will try to blame Covid and the EU but I have no doubt that history will be damning in the condemnation of Johnson. I have every admiration for the Eton master's assessment of Johnson's character all those years ago.... ie. he doesn't believe rules apply to him etc!

Post edited at 19:07
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

...also check out what Max Hastings thinks of Boris.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...