The Foundry - Trailblazers ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Morning , 

I see the Foundry have started offering unlimited climbing all month for just 30 quid.

Can all the other walls please offer this sort of deal ?

I can gym all year around 365- 24/7 for just 12.99 per month.

I have started climbing at the local walls again but I can't afford to go more than once every few weeks .  It's just too expensive.

TWS

Post edited at 08:45
 gethin_allen 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

The hangar near me is £25 a month

In reply to gethin_allen:

> The hangar near me is £25 a month

That's brilliant value, depending on the quality of the place of course

chris_r 27 Jan 2020

Awesome Walls in Sheffield is £41.50 per month

In reply to chris_r:

> Awesome Walls in Sheffield is £41.50 per month

Yeah my local walls are all 45 quid.

Neil Williams 27 Jan 2020

I think Big Rock is somewhere around there (you get access to two centres, of course).  They do typically sit around the "midrange gym" type level (the sort with pools etc but not as expensive as David Lloyd), which is probably commensurate with the costs of providing the service, which is more involved (and probably much more costly to insure) than hiring a warehouse unit and leasing a load of equipment to put in it then doing pretty much nowt else other than staffing it with self employed PTs mostly funded by their clients.

Less involved in running a small bouldering centre so I guess that can be cheaper.  I believe the Foundry is more than that, though, so is it perhaps some sort of short term loss leader?  There's also I guess a lot of competition in Sheffield particularly from the highly aggressive (in a business sense) Awesome Walls, whereas in most towns there's typically only one wall.

Post edited at 09:21
 JLS 27 Jan 2020

Alien Bloc Edinburgh £58

TCA Glasgow & Bristol £49

Ratho Edinburgh £42.30

GCC Glasgow £38

Robert Durran 27 Jan 2020
In reply to JLS:

> Alien Bloc Edinburgh £58

> TCA Glasgow & Bristol £49

> Ratho Edinburgh £42.30

> GCC Glasgow £38

I hadn't realised Ratho was such good value compared to the other Scottish walls!

mondite 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Neil Williams:

London walls are bit more expensive but not massively so.

Another difference between walls and gyms is I doubt you have the large number of people who sign up as a new years resolution and then are stuck in contract for a year.  Obviously be some injuries and so on but doubt anything in the same numbers and hence you cant use them to counterbalance those people who make full use.

JLS 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Robert Durran:

The benifit of the Cooncil subsidy I guess...

And has to be balanced with the winter temps issue. 

Robert Durran 27 Jan 2020
In reply to JLS:

> The benifit of the Cooncil subsidy I guess.

And I love the fact that it's then actually much easier to get to for us non-payers who live outside the city to the west

> And has to be balanced with the winter temps issue. 

What issue? It means its never too busy to leave a top rope on one's project for the evening

Post edited at 09:46
 JLS 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Robert Durran:

I forgot about Eden rock at £55.

>"its never too busy to leave a top rope on one's project for the evening"

You've got to expect a degree of anti-social behaviour in these cheap Cooncil run places that haven't priced out the low-life.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...