Tech help please!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I'm at a loss from googling this so shouting out to the hive mind! 

I want to be able to connect my phone (samsung a10) to my tv. I've got HDMI cable. 

Do I need an adaptor to get this to work and if so what kind of adaptor? 

Really need an idiots guide for this if anyone can help  

Pbob 22 Nov 2019
In reply to Emilysaladfingers:

Kodi box and screen mirroring?

JLS 22 Nov 2019

Do you really want to hardwire it?

Don’t you have WiFi?

My googling suggests you need a MHL to HDMI Adapter...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Converter-Output-Samsung-Galaxy-dark-red/d...

But I’d have thought doing it wirelessly over WiFi would be better...

https://www.johnlewis.com/google-chromecast-2018-/p3811533?sku=237760269&am...

Does your phone have an HDMI port? Read the manual. The reviews I found suggest not. In which case, you'll have to mirror your screen, which will require a compatible TV. For instance:

youtube.com/watch?v=D34OXKngKio&

Mike-W-99 22 Nov 2019

What are you trying to do? if it’s streaming then a chromecast might do what you want.

In reply to JLS:

Thanks team, I forgot to say it needs to be hard wire as it's for in the campervan and dont want to hammer the data allowance which is why I'm not going down the screen cast route.

I've ordered that MHL adaptor......hopefully that does the trick! 

Thanks everyone

Luke90 23 Nov 2019

Screen casting like people were suggesting doesn't normally involve sending the data over the internet. It does normally still require a local network and sometimes an internet connection to set up the cast, so you're probably right to think that hardwired is the easier option. But if you find when the MHL dongle arrives that your phone isn't compatible, don't rule out all wireless screen casting options on the basis of data allowance, that shouldn't be an issue.

Sean_J 23 Nov 2019

But Chromecast doesn't affect data usage, it works over wifi...

axor 23 Nov 2019
In reply to Sean_J:

So it just works over the LAN? That might be hard to set up in a campervan? Wouldn't you need a router and cables and stuff anyway and maybe connect it to a mobile hotspot? Cable sounds easier if that works.

In reply to Sean_J:

I wont have wifi  will be in the middle of rural spain so I will have 4g but not wifi.....maybe hard wire is only option 

In reply to Luke90:

Thanks Luke if it doesn't work I'll try casting instead....if it works with mobile data and doesn't need LAN

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...