Taking bullets for Vlad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

https://news.sky.com/story/i-would-take-a-bullet-for-vladimir-putin-says-ex...

Is it national I'm a tw@t day or something to that effect ?

just wondering .

TWS

The New NickB 09 Jul 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

What is it with Formula 1 and fascism. Max Mosley was better connected mind.

Post edited at 10:45
 TMM 09 Jul 2019

I admire his consistency in this age of flip-flopping politicians. He's always been an odious and unpleasant ar$ewipe and his latest protestations confirm this.

19th April 2016

'Formula One (F1) boss Bernie Ecclestone has strongly advocated his support for an Out vote, and has said that Russian president Vladimir Putin should be "running Europe". 

“Europe has become less important full stop,” said Ecclestone, speaking at a conversation with WPP boss Martin Sorrell at Advertising Week Europe. “Vladimir Putin should be running Europe. He gets the job done.”

Ecclestone remarked that, although he “probably won’t vote,” he would want the UK to come out as soon as it could. He described himself as “100 per cent an outer”.

When asked about what Europe brings to the UK, Ecclestone said: “I don’t see any economic benefit.” Sorrell questioned him over whether immigrants make a contribution to the UK, to which the F1 boss replied: “they have not”.

On the prospect of Donald Trump becoming president, he said: “I think he’d be fantastic. I’m sure he’s much more flexible than most [of the other candidates]. If he’s made a mistake, he’s more likely to say: ‘It was a good idea at the time’.”

Ecclestone said that he thought Trump and Putin would get on well if the property tycoon was elected, and that if Trump had his finger on the button: “Putin would tell him what to do”.'

https://www.cityam.com/formula-one-boss-bernie-ecclestone-says-that-immigra...

aln 09 Jul 2019

Shona's a bit slow today.

Ecclestone taking a bullet for Putin sounds like an excellent idea. When can it be arranged?

jcm

fred99 09 Jul 2019
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

Make sure it's a good one - 50 calibre dumdum for example - we don't want any mistakes.

He's quite small I gather. Perhaps not as good a shield as he thinks.

Timmd 09 Jul 2019
In reply to The New NickB:

> What is it with Formula 1 and fascism. Max Mosley was better connected mind.

He walked with his father in a march when he was 22 and supported him, before leaving politics behind and going into motor racing, having spoken about being entitled to change your views as you get older when asked about his past during his time in the media spotlight, following the BDSM media storm about him. 

His fascist spots may have faded by now...

Post edited at 14:16
 DerwentDiluted 09 Jul 2019
In reply to aln:

> Shona's a bit slow today.

Has anybody ever seen Bernie Ecclestone and Shona in the same room....?

....thought not. 

baron 09 Jul 2019
In reply to fred99:

> Make sure it's a good one - 50 calibre dumdum for example - we don't want any mistakes.

>

50 calibre and also a dum dum - I take it that you don’t like the man?

In reply to baron:

> 50 calibre and also a dum dum - I take it that you don’t like the man?

There'd be nothing left!

Siward 09 Jul 2019
In reply to fred99:

To go through both?

NaCl 09 Jul 2019
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

It'd be a tragedy if it went through both. 

Timmd 09 Jul 2019
In reply to NaCl:

> It'd be a tragedy if it went through both. 

Tell that to Anna Politkovskaya, oh, she's dead because of what she wrote*.  

*Like his political opposition was killed right outside the Kremlin, on the one day the CCTV cameras weren't working in that particular spot.

Edit: If the ghosts of the people who died under him gave him the willies, that could be cool (should ghosts exist).

Post edited at 17:13
 Timmd 09 Jul 2019
In reply to Timmd:

> Tell that to Anna Politkovskaya, oh, she's dead because of what she wrote. 

> *Like his political opposition was killed right outside the Kremlin, on the one day the CCTV cameras weren't working in that particular spot.

>     

The death outside the Kremlin was very effectively/cynically arranged to give the signal that 'anything can happen' to those who oppose him to too much of a degree.

Post edited at 17:28
 Pefa 09 Jul 2019

Good on, who is it? Bernie Eccleston well done good man.

Oh and fascism?

Remind me which leader of which country put forward a policy at the UN to ban the glorification of fascism in 2014 or 2015 and USA and Ukraine vetoed it and Britain abstained ? 

In reply to Pefa:

If you think Bernie is a good man then there really is no hope for you Pefa.

jethro kiernan 09 Jul 2019
In reply to Pefa:

Having watched your posts I’m sorry but Bernie Ecclestone is the epitome of everything you claim to dislike, a focus on money and material gain above all moral and social considerations, the law something to be tolerated and ignored as much as possible,

ah much like Vlad then

balmybaldwin 09 Jul 2019

No Bernie has always been a tw@t

Timmd 09 Jul 2019
In reply to Pefa:

> Good on, who is it? Bernie Eccleston well done good man.

He's a man who worships money, and 'power within his realm' which is Formula 1. He has paid bribes to people in Germany (to try and get around regulations affecting his business interests there IIRC), then more money to try and settle the issue. I'm not sure quite where he is now with the pickle he created for himself. 

Edit: What  Jethro Kiernan said.

Post edited at 20:12
 Pefa 09 Jul 2019
In reply to jethro kiernan:

OK thanks, I dont know the guy from Adam so I'll take your word for it. 

In reply to Pefa:

So you just praised someone who praised your God without checking! Wow, you really do not get it.

Yanis Nayu 09 Jul 2019
In reply to Timmd:

I think he legitimately paid to avoid prison. Part of their legal system I think. He’s a tw*t though. 

Timmd 09 Jul 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> I think he legitimately paid to avoid prison. Part of their legal system I think. He’s a tw*t though. 

That's disappointing, you're right. https://jalopnik.com/bernie-ecclestone-uses-100-million-bribe-to-avoid-jail...

A £60 million payment to avoid jail for a bribe, I think I imagined he might still be in some protracted legal tangle. 

Post edited at 22:00
 wercat 10 Jul 2019

Couldn't we set up a Justgiving Bullet FOR Vlad? And his friend Mr Farage

Post edited at 08:36
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I was always amazed at the bloke who married (and divorced) his daughter...James Stunt. A self claimed gold tycoon, driving around in a bunch of Rolls Royces/ Lamborginis with combinations of Stunt  number plates. He was mid 30's, had millions of pounds worth of cars, art and wine...properties everywhere....yet you couldn't find out a thing about him, and in pictures he always looked like he was laughing at us . Even when he got in trouble, its all very opaque .... a Brit hanging out with Terry Adams, behaving like a Sheikh....definitely does not add up.

Post edited at 09:04
In reply to Pefa:

> OK thanks, I dont know the guy from Adam so I'll take your word for it. 

Well done you've managed to drop your credibility rating even lower.

NaCl 10 Jul 2019
In reply to Timmd:

I may have been employing "sarcasm". Apologies, I shall attempt to remember to use more italics, bold typefaces and emojis to make it more clear in future.

Timmd 10 Jul 2019
In reply to NaCl:

> I may have been employing "sarcasm". Apologies, I shall attempt to remember to use more italics, bold typefaces and emojis to make it more clear in future.

Timmd 10 Jul 2019
In reply to wercat:

> Couldn't we set up a Justgiving Bullet FOR Vlad? And his friend Mr Farage

Did you know that you can't place bets on people being killed, in case it encourages the person who placed the bet to go and do it? It was the policy of a betting shop somebody I know went to, that is.

Post edited at 17:37
 Timmd 10 Jul 2019
In reply to Timmd:

> Did you know that you can't place bets on people being killed, in case it encourages the person who placed the bet to go and do it? It was the policy of a betting shop somebody I know went to, that is.

I think that's a good idea...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...