Sunshine!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 23 Feb 2020

The sun shone today with no clouds in the way!! I wore sunglasses and rode my bike! 

It felt like a noteworthy occasion!

Dax H 23 Feb 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

Don't get used to it. According to the daily express (news app on my phone keeps linking to it) the UK is heading for a big freeze starting next week. 

Of course they have had variations on this same headline every week since November but a stopped clock is right twice a day so they are probably due. 

OP girlymonkey 23 Feb 2020
In reply to Dax H:

I can keep my fingers crossed for the big freeze, but the met office looks pretty docile for this week around us. Foul for tomorrow but then not super wet or super windy for the rest of the week with the possibility of a wee bit of sun poking through from time to time! Of course, it could all change, but that is the current forecast

brianjcooper 23 Feb 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

And no midges!!!   

LeeWood 24 Feb 2020
In reply to Dax H:

> Don't get used to it. According to the daily express (news app on my phone keeps linking to it) the UK is heading for a big freeze starting next week. 

Meteologically speaking, winter sunshine hours are coincident with anticyclonic conditions, which also gives strong frosts.

Timmd 24 Feb 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

I'm dropping most of the 'useful things' planned for today and am off on my bike in the sun shortly, the late afternoon onward is for useful things now. It's changeable here but the wind keeps alive the possibility of More Sun To Come. 

Post edited at 14:08
 Offwidth 24 Feb 2020
In reply to Dax H:

Only a moron takes weather advice from The Excess.  Neither BBC 14 day nor yr.no 10 day indicate any cold settled weather. However, things should settle down a bit on the Scottish mountains so some wintry fun will probably be on the cards.

OP girlymonkey 24 Feb 2020
In reply to Timmd:

Enjoy! No sun here today, but wind not too bad so I will be off for a run soon.

The next few days looking not too bad here

Timmd 24 Feb 2020
In reply to Offwidth: There was talk of snow on R4 today, but whereabouts escaped me. 

graeme jackson 24 Feb 2020
In reply to Timmd:

> There was talk of snow on R4 today, but whereabouts escaped me. 

it was here.

Shadow 25 Feb 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

My friends in Norway told me that sometimes in summer there's no night for weeks, it's always sunny.

However during winters it's the opposite - permanent night-time.

For me it's a bit hard to comprehend.

colinakmc 25 Feb 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

Hmm....The Met office is giving Ben Cruachan (chosen as a random West cost summit) heavy snow showers right through till Monday. On the other hand the Glencoe avalanche forecast is looking less homicidal, so maybe things are looking up right enough.

I’m going to wait til some of the mud dries up a bit before the bike comes out again though.

OP girlymonkey 25 Feb 2020
In reply to colinakmc:

> I’m going to wait til some of the mud dries up a bit before the bike comes out again though.

You could be waiting a while for that!! We still have summer to endure!!

Timmd 25 Feb 2020
In reply to graeme jackson:

> it was here.

Today it's been over the eastern Peak a little bit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...