Sunrise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 13 Jan 2022

Just now and five minutes ago. Woodpecker above me, hundred redwings in the trees in the photo, and some unidentified finches. Might just say hello to the owl then work  

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Long tailed tits above me. And a tree. Not any old tree. One of Wigans finest. With a misty background. 

TobyA 13 Jan 2022

One handed while riding my bike to work. 

The sunrise was nice, not the photos...

steveriley 13 Jan 2022

29 mins more daylight than the shortest day. We’re on our way!

Myfyr Tomos 13 Jan 2022

That second photo is beautiful Mick.

Phil1919 13 Jan 2022

We've had a couple of bullfinch as frequent visitors during breeding season in last few years. Yesterday I saw 4 males  together in top of our willow with the female close by. Would they be last years youngsters?

In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

Ta. Making use of my new phone (great camera on it).

In reply to Phil1919:

Good chance, but they do ‘flock up’ during winter anyway.  Love the call of a bullfinch. I usually hear them then see that white rump. 

That's beautiful, thanks!

PS any advice on where I should look to see a fieldfare? Lots of redwing around here (Derbyshire) but not seen fieldfare.

In reply to Vanessa Simmons:

Fieldfare: similar to redwing, hedgerows with berries in arable fields.  Check those Mistle thrushes as well. 

bouldery bits 13 Jan 2022

I SHOULD have left the warm embrace of the duvet succubus this morning and got after it early. Instead, I made the alternative choice of allowing myself to be seduced by the snooze button. My self loathing knows no bounds. 

I am a weak failure and my comeuppance is viewing these wonderful images. The Bullrushes are a favourite.

Bravo! 

Post edited at 18:27

Sunset was also spectacular today. One of the best I have seen for several years.

Dax H 13 Jan 2022

This is the best time of year for sunrise

Phil1919 15 Jan 2022

Ah, OK. Its just that I never see them around the bird feeders so don't notice them as much.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...