Stroppygob

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 11 Jul 2019

I think he's back.

Phil Venn 11 Jul 2019
In reply to aln:

Who?

Phil Venn 11 Jul 2019
In reply to aln:

From where?

Lusk 11 Jul 2019
In reply to aln:

Is he?

What's his nom de plume?

RomTheBear 12 Jul 2019
In reply to aln:

How long do we give him before he gets banned for the third time 

krikoman 12 Jul 2019
In reply to aln:

> I think he's back.

Me too, it's difficult to hide yourself, for too long.

Pefa 12 Jul 2019
In reply to krikoman:

> Me too, it's difficult to hide yourself, for too long.

You can do it if you don't mention anything you did in the past or mention your strong opinions which basically amounts to not being yourself, which is fun for a bit but then you really struggle with the overwhelming temptation to post when you see juicy subjects you have a strong and well known opinion on. 

The only way to do it properly and get to voice the same views, facts and politics that you always did is by putting up a picture of someone completely different to you and then making out that you are from somewhere far away or even foreign.

I did this on here successfully maybe about a year or two ago with a photo of a big guy from behind as my profile and then I pretended to be from Germany or somewhere in the east, I kept it a bit vague but my trademark which everyone will remember was every time I replied I muddled up all my grammar as I was pretending that my English was poor. 

At first a couple of people did speculate that it might be me but I persevered and dispelled the suspicions. The account is still open, Ive since forgotten the nom de guerre but I got bored keeping up a false act. And that was before I had spiritual experiences. 

Post edited at 13:35
 Dave Todd 12 Jul 2019
In reply to Pefa:

Was it 'Tanke' Shona?

FactorXXX 12 Jul 2019
In reply to krikoman:

>  it's difficult to hide yourself, for too long.

Is it?

FactorXXX 12 Jul 2019
In reply to RomTheBear:

> How long do we give him before he gets banned for the third time 

I'm sure the UKC Thought Police are already sharpening their knives...

Pefa 12 Jul 2019
In reply to Dave Todd:

> Was it 'Tanke' Shona?

Bulls eye! Tanke but not Shona. 

I'd long since forgotten. 

Post edited at 22:19
 stevieb 12 Jul 2019
In reply to aln:

I don't know what he was banned for, but I've got no problem with him being back. I disagreed with a lot of what he said but i think he only really got rude with people who were rude to him. 

He did seem to enjoy an argument a bit too much though 

Mick Ward 13 Jul 2019

Agree. He could be infuriating one minute and fairly reasonable the next.

Btw, what happened to (the supremely aptly named) Niggle?  He had one hell of a good mind but seemed to waste it (well, in my view) by simply spending his time annoying people?

Mick (hate to see talent wasted)

The New NickB 13 Jul 2019
In reply to Mick Ward:

It’s a very long time since Niggle was very active. I seem to remember he popped up a few years ago, a lot more reasonable and somewhat reflective. I think he had been through a bit of a tough time personally, in part because of his own failings.

krikoman 13 Jul 2019
In reply to Pefa:

> ........ which basically amounts to not being yourself,

It's hard enough being me!!

Mick Ward 13 Jul 2019
In reply to The New NickB:

Thanks for that, Nick. Time passes so quickly here!  Hope he's OK. Always thought he had ever such a good mind. But of course, for all of us, the real challenge is to put what we've got to good use.

Mick

OP aln 14 Jul 2019
In reply to Mick Ward:

> Agree. He could be infuriating one minute and fairly reasonable the next.>

And horribly nasty and manipulative. Picking on people who aren't best placed to deal with it. 

Mick Ward 14 Jul 2019
In reply to aln:

Ah - I didn't see that. An awful thing to do. Let's hope he's changed for the better.

Mick

Robert Durran 14 Jul 2019
In reply to aln:

> I think he's back.

I very much hope not. He is a deeply obnoxious and nasty piece of work.

baron 14 Jul 2019
In reply to aln:

Isn’t starting a thread about a banned user a no no on this site?

Andy Gamisou 14 Jul 2019
In reply to Robert Durran:

> I very much hope not. He is a deeply obnoxious and nasty piece of work.

Couldn't agree more.  Quite an irony that someone with such obvious personality defects should be (or claim to be) working in the mental health industry.  Mind you when my wife did her nursing stint in a psychiatric hospital she suggested that the only way you could tell the staff from the patients was by the uniform.

If his new incarnation is who I suspect it to be, then I think he's already gone.

In reply to stevieb:

> He did seem to enjoy an argument a bit too much though 

UKC is no place for such people. 

Timmd 14 Jul 2019
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

> Couldn't agree more.  Quite an irony that someone with such obvious personality defects should be (or claim to be) working in the mental health industry.  Mind you when my wife did her nursing stint in a psychiatric hospital she suggested that the only way you could tell the staff from the patients was by the uniform.

> If his new incarnation is who I suspect it to be, then I think he's already gone.

Ha, the therapist I saw during my 20's seemed pretty well rounded, and was excellent for me, but a friend's step father and a sis in law of mine (it's her profession) have both studied psychology, and quirky doesn't cover it.  

I'm thankful my sis in law isn't worse to be fair, she isn't all bad. 

Post edited at 16:10
 Lurking Dave 15 Jul 2019
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

> UKC is no place for such people. 

Yes it is.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...