Stray dog climbs 7000m Himalayan peak

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
In reply to Billhook:

A lovely story.

Mr Lopez 15 Mar 2019
In reply to Billhook:

I read this account the other day which i thought was excellent https://www.outsideonline.com/2390456/first-dog-ascent-baruntse-nepal

mrphilipoldham 15 Mar 2019
In reply to Billhook:

Makes you think, how much of a punter was that one that got rescued in Scotland the other day?

Sl@te Head 15 Mar 2019
In reply to Billhook:

An impressive achievement albeit 'dogged' and not an 'onsight' ascent

profitofdoom 15 Mar 2019
In reply to Sl@te Head:

> An impressive achievement....

Not impressive, [1] dogs have 4 legs not 2, [2] dogs have built-in fur, [3] dogs don't get angst at 6000 metres, [4] dogs have claws for grip i.e. built-in crampons, [5] dogs will eat anything unlike a couple of my climbing partners 

In reply to Billhook:

It is indeed a lovely story but a quick glance at the BBC website soon brought me back to my senses - what a horrible world we're in. I don't mean to derail this thread.

FactorXXX 15 Mar 2019
In reply to profitofdoom:

> Not impressive, [1] dogs have 4 legs not 2, [2] dogs have built-in fur, [3] dogs don't get angst at 6000 metres, [4] dogs have claws for grip i.e. built-in crampons, [5] dogs will eat anything unlike a couple of my climbing partners 

[6] They don't have to get partially undressed to go to the toilet.

Gone for good 15 Mar 2019
In reply to Mr Lopez:

What an amazing story! Aren't dogs great animals!!!!

alx 15 Mar 2019

> Not impressive, [1] dogs have 4 legs not 2, [2] dogs have built-in fur, [3] dogs don't get angst at 6000 metres, [4] dogs have claws for grip i.e. built-in crampons, [5] dogs will eat anything unlike a couple of my climbing partners 

Looks like some one had their face humped by the family Labrador as a child......

Sl@te Head 15 Mar 2019
In reply to Billhook:

Maybe they should rename the peak 'K9'

profitofdoom 16 Mar 2019
In reply to alx:

> Looks like some one had their face humped by the family Labrador as a child......

Me??? Nooooo, I'm a rabid (right word?) dog lover, keeping 40 years of back copies of the weekly Labralover and monthly Poodlesfrevver stacked under the kitchen table to read with breakfast, I just can't get enough of the wonderful occasionally high altitude friendly human-sensitive beasts

Dave B 16 Mar 2019
In reply to Billhook:

Over 12 hours and no one had questioned the dogs ability on a certain type of  hard, coarse-grained, siliceous sandstone.

Can someone please satisfy my need for this.. 

Edit : sp n grammar 

Post edited at 08:08
 profitofdoom 16 Mar 2019
In reply to Dave B:

> Over 12 hours and no one had questioned the dogs ability on a certain type of  hard, coarse-grained, siliceous sandstone. > Can someone please satisfy my need for this.. 

You're right - what's the dog done at  Nesscliffe?

Lrunner 16 Mar 2019

I remember climbing Kazbek in Georgia in 2015 and being terrified by seeing some glowing eyes on the Glacier at 4 in the morning. Turns out it was a stray dog and it happily followed us to the summit about 3 hours later.

I was impressed

OP Billhook 16 Mar 2019

"You're right - what's the dog done at  Nesscliffe?"

Are you Mountain Spirit by any chance?  

profitofdoom 16 Mar 2019
In reply to Billhook:

> Are you Mountain Spirit by any chance?  

Errrrrrr no.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...