Stern words from the Terminator

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Schwarzenegger likens Capitol rioters to Nazis 

https://news.sky.com/video/share-12184312 

Excellently put Arnold.

CT

Post edited at 19:25
 Lankyman 10 Jan 2021
In reply to Archmagos_Dominus:

> Schwarzenegger likens Capitol rioters to Nazis 

> Excellently put Arnold.

> CT

If he'd stood on the Capitol steps waving Conan's sword that would have seen off those Proud Boys

In reply to Lankyman:

"I need your clothes, your boots, and that weird fur hat thing with the horns on it"

JLS 10 Jan 2021

While it seems Schwarzenegger isn’t a paragon of virtue, top marks for a history of anti-trump rhetoric. I was a bit worried this might have been another Republican rat deserting the ship as it becomes clear the game is up.

https://people.com/politics/arnold-schwarzenegger-slams-donald-trumps-false...

deepsoup 10 Jan 2021
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

>  that weird fur hat thing with the horns on it

It's a Sioux buffalo headdress.  Must have been quite upsetting for a lot of Native Americans to see it in this context.

http://www.pbs.org/weta/thewest/resources/archives/one/61_08.htm

In reply to deepsoup:

I know, but it wouldn't have landed as well.

At least I didn't call it a 'Viking hat', like every news report did.....

Bacon Butty 10 Jan 2021
In reply to deepsoup:

Native Americans never existed, fake news, a conspiracy or something!

Apparently, Trumpy's off to Texas to have a look at his wall.  If only there were to be a bunch of Mexicans sat on top of it!

deepsoup 10 Jan 2021
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

> I know, but it wouldn't have landed as well.

Ah, soz.

> At least I didn't call it a 'Viking hat', like every news report did.....

Misled by the Nordic tattoos I suppose, Mjolnir and wotnot.

deepsoup 10 Jan 2021
In reply to Bacon Butty:

If there's any justice in the world he'll have plenty of time to look at walls very soon.

wintertree 10 Jan 2021
In reply to Chive Talkin':

The 61ˢᵗ amendment comes ever closer.

Edit: Is that a Stallone poster behind him?  Definitely 61st territory.

Post edited at 23:39
 Timmd 11 Jan 2021

I think he's a decent guy in some ways, but allowing waste water from the oil industry to be used for crop irrigation is a really bad idea, and to allow it to be pumped into some aquifers is even worse. 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fruits-irrigated-fracking-wastewater/

It's a totally different topic, so pardon the hijack, but it's worth thinking about when looking for food produce, or wine, whether it's got 'California' written on it. 

Bobling 11 Jan 2021

Excellent work Arnold, and then he brought out Conan's sword! 

In my mind though it's not the Kristallnacht, but the Beer Hall Putsch.  Trump is now jailed where he spends some time thinking and writing a book, he calls it "My Struggle" and is then elected to a second term in about ten years.

Actually he's too old to stew in jail for a few years, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  Scary times.

Andy Gamisou 11 Jan 2021
In reply to JLS:

>  I was a bit worried this might have been another Republican rat deserting the ship as it becomes clear the game is up.

Schwarzenegger has a past history of being very critical of Trump, so I don't think so.

[Edit] - "past history" - yikes! Unpleasant idiom exhibiting redundancy.

Post edited at 02:08
 Pete Pozman 11 Jan 2021
In reply to Bobling:

Yes, shame about the sword. However, as he's trying to convince people who have trouble knowing the difference between reality and fantasy, it may have just nailed it it on. 

In reply to Bobling:

> Excellent work Arnold, and then he brought out Conan's sword! 

> In my mind though it's not the Kristallnacht, but the Beer Hall Putsch.  Trump is now jailed where he spends some time thinking and writing a book, he calls it "My Struggle" and is then elected to a second term in about ten years.

Or the Night of the Long Knives in 1934. But ... maybe that wouldn't have been such a good analogy once he'd brought out his Conan sword

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...