Steel wheels

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jon 15 Nov 2021

Just managed to trade in our old Ford Galaxy against something smaller. The Galaxy has alloy wheels, but also a set of steel rims that have had winter tyres on them. Will these steel rims only fit the Galaxy or will they fit other cars? In other words, is it worth me keeping them to try to sell them separately? They 6 1/2 J 16" 5 studs. Thanks. 

jkarran 15 Nov 2021
In reply to jon:

They'll almost certainly fit other vehicles, no reason why the Galaxy would have had unusual hubs or geometry.

Knowing the stud pattern, centre bore diameter and the 'offset' might help them sell but most potential buyers will just have another 5-stud Ford so won't care about the details.

I doubt the wheels alone are really worth anything but the wheel-tyre combo probably is.

jk

Post edited at 10:53
OP jon 15 Nov 2021
In reply to jkarran:

Thanks. They are without tyres but I think they'll sell as people in the alps often buy a set. I'm just wondering if they'd fit other cars - other than Ford, that is?

Gavin 15 Nov 2021
In reply to jon:

The two websites I use for this sort of thing are:

https://www.wheel-size.com/ (use search by rim size).  I did try for your size rims, but you've not included the offset, which is usually denoted, at least on alloys, with an ET number on the inside rim.

Also http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/ is worth a look too, which might give you a clue to your ET number, but without the year of your old car I am only going to be guessing.

FWIW the Ford I have has a common wheel with some older models of Volvo, Jaguar and Landrover.

Gavin

OP jon 15 Nov 2021
In reply to Gavin:

Thanks Gavin. Good to know there are other vehicles that do share the wheels. The year is 2007, however I can't find an ET number but there lots of numbers/letters stamped on the rim, inside and outside:

2160828  6191DOT E

GERMANY 6G92 - FC

6 1/2J x 16 1950

1 385 187  6G92 1007 FC

However, using your link it appears the offset is 50.

Post edited at 20:23

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...