Squirrel sized humans

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mick taylor 01 Jul 2020

The other post got me thinking, wouldn't the world be a better place if humans were the size of squirrels.  What do folk think?

snoop6060 01 Jul 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

I already am pretty much. Just as fat as well. 

girlymonkey 01 Jul 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

That's me! I always reckon that's why I got into climbing, it's the only way to get things out of cupboards!

Cobra_Head 01 Jul 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

> The other post got me thinking, wouldn't the world be a better place if humans were the size of squirrels.  What do folk think?

Yes, but we've done this before I think.

It might be a bit more dangerous, with crows and that about, but the world might be a bit of a better place. Do you have plans?

bouldery bits 01 Jul 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Would they have to bring back Topic bars? 

Billhook 01 Jul 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

How would we get on the loo?  Or indeed into our cars?

(And then I'd have to start buying new clothes.  Oh Shit!!!  What about the house?  Is there a way of shrinking the house and furniture?

DancingOnRock 01 Jul 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

There would just be more of us. 

girlymonkey 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Billhook:

I already sit with my feet dangling on the Waitrose loos. Climbing onto loos is an actual thing for some of us!!

bouldery bits 01 Jul 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

> I already sit with my feet dangling on the Waitrose loos. Climbing onto loos is an actual thing for some of us!!

I don't have this issue at Morrisons.

Nempnett Thrubwell 01 Jul 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

> The other post got me thinking, wouldn't the world be a better place if humans were the size of squirrels.  What do folk think?

That would be absolutely nuts.

Fozzy 01 Jul 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

You have big sheds, but nobody's allowed in. And in these sheds you have 20ft high chickens, and these chickens are scared because the don't know why they're so big, and they're going, "Oh why am I so massive?" and they're looking down at all the little chickens and they think they're in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small.

tjdodd 01 Jul 2020
In reply to bouldery bits:

> Would they have to bring back Topic bars? 

One of life's great pleasures is coming across a shop selling topic bars.  I never give up the opportunity as you never know when another one will come along.

McHeath 01 Jul 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Well, there'd be no whale industry. And landing a 20lb pike would be a lot more exciting. The Matterhorn would probably have been climbed much earlier too, without any ropes breaking. Not sure about Downhill Racer though... 

Post edited at 21:54
 freeflyer 01 Jul 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Would that mean that I could climb up a tree, run along a branch, and then jump to another tree? 

Tom Valentine 01 Jul 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

I think that if I transitioned into a squirrel sized person I'd be a bit worried about how to relate to the actual squirrels which were around me: it's all very well calling them non-native, invasive,  foreigners, immigrant scroungers, disease carrying vermin who take over the country , grey  bastards and the like -- when you're  six foot tall  -but when you're down to Barbie and Ken size  yourself you might want to have a rethink. 

FactorXXX 01 Jul 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

>  Climbing onto loos is an actual thing for some of us!!

Have you considered compiling a graded list that could perhaps be entered onto the UKC/Rockfax database? 🙄

Tom Valentine 01 Jul 2020
In reply to FactorXXX:

Don't joke about it: on a bad day I have to look for dropped kerbs on the other side of the road  to make the crossing less arduous.

balmybaldwin 01 Jul 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

I think it would be ok, so long as squirrels weren't the size of humans. Might not be such good friends with my dog tho

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...