So what chilling plants you growing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Edwards 21 Apr 2021

Last year with lockdown in effect I decided to become self sufficient (again, for the first time in a long time). Order placed, and a germination rate greater than 95% ensured I didn’t need to go anywhere. Even better was growing outdoors meant I didn’t have to spend hours per day tending to them. The only fly in the ointment was the requirement to enforce the flowering cycle. So, this year I’ve invested in auto-flowering varieties. Seed’s planted today so let’s see how they go. It’s my birthday in about a month and I have already made an appointment to see a friend I haven’t seen in over a year, but am hoping for a good harvest during the summer/autumn months, just in case.

snoop6060 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Mark Edwards:

Haha. I wonder if this is getting pulled. 

Well they certainly work and do  reasonably well even outdoors in the UK I've found. I've got one this year oddly called manbearpig. Meant to be the business  

Post edited at 16:41
 graeme jackson 22 Apr 2021

When I lived in Worcester I grew them in the garden amongst my tomatoes. They did very well in the sub tropical paradise that is the midlands.  Can't even get them to germinate in the green house up here in scotland.

Market_Chaos_Monday 22 Apr 2021

> Last year with lockdown in effect I decided to become self sufficient (again, for the first time in a long time). Order placed, and a germination rate greater than 95% ensured I didn’t need to go anywhere. Even better was growing outdoors meant I didn’t have to spend hours per day tending to them. The only fly in the ointment was the requirement to enforce the flowering cycle. So, this year I’ve invested in auto-flowering varieties. Seed’s planted today so let’s see how they go. It’s my birthday in about a month and I have already made an appointment to see a friend I haven’t seen in over a year, but am hoping for a good harvest during the summer/autumn months, just in case.

It's wonderful growing things and being self sufficient.  

Tried a few autos myself before now.  

Had a nice grand heft auto last year come in at 4 1/2 Oz and less than a meter high. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...