Snowdon Sherpa advice for Dinas Cromlech

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rola 10 May 2023

We are hoping to do a couple of routes on Dinas Cromlech on Friday and were planning on using the Snowdon Sherpa bus from Llanberis up and back.

I have tried to figure it out using the website but can't work out which service we need and if it stops near Dinas Cromlech.

Please can anyone with local knowledge let me know if that's possible and which service were should be looking at for timings ?

Thanks in advance

Tyler 10 May 2023
In reply to rola:

The Traveline.cymru app is better than the website. Pont Gromlech is the stop you want. 

George_Surf 10 May 2023
In reply to rola:

Probably more obvious / easier to work out when you’re in the village. I’d imagine they’re every 30-60 min. They’ll stop wherever near enough but 100% right outside the Cromlech boulders for pickup and drop off. Friday looks great, enjoy! 

In reply to rola:

You want the S1 service. I use it several times a week and it's very reliable. I'm sure if you ask the driver he will drop you off at Cromlech.

OP rola 10 May 2023
In reply to rola:

Thanks for the advice so far, where is the best place to park and bus stop ( or is it obvious ) please ?

Rory Shaw 10 May 2023
In reply to rola:

Probably the parc and ride in Nant Peris. Or any of the pay and display car parks in Llanberis. It would be great if there was a park and ride hub in Glyn Rhonwy but I'll keep dreaming

Michael Hood 10 May 2023
In reply to rola:

Although lots of UKCers harp on about getting to the crag in a more environmentally and less congested manner, I am appalled to see someone actually putting it into practice 😁

Well done.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...