Snow wolf

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 blackcat 18 Dec 2021

Snow wolf bbc2 stunning mountain scenery.

Dave the Rave 18 Dec 2021
In reply to blackcat:

Cheers!

Stichtplate 18 Dec 2021
In reply to blackcat:

Snow wolf was nice.

Air Wolf was epic.

yorkshireman 18 Dec 2021
In reply to blackcat:

The section about 25 minutes in (from memory, haven't seen it for a while) was filmed on the mountain (Le Chamousset) just behind my house in the French Alps a few years back. We were out hiking and actually met the (German) Shepherd, Matthias, featured in the documentary, while out hiking with some friends and stayed up there chatting for about an hour during which he said the film crew had recently filmed him. 

Here we are sat with some of his (initially terrifying) wolf protection dogs. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmNvsLsAy-k/

It's a slightly cheesy documentary but amazing to see what is such a familiar part of the world in a new light. 

OP blackcat 18 Dec 2021
In reply to yorkshireman:

Thats intresting mate, nice part of the alps,i never knew there were that many,an estimated 2000 wolves.Wouldnt want to run into them.

Tom Valentine 19 Dec 2021
In reply to Stichtplate:

Wolfy Smith was a hero!

wercat 19 Dec 2021
In reply to Tom Valentine:

Who'd have thought he'd become young Hornblower's captain, pillar of the naval establishment?

yorkshireman 19 Dec 2021
In reply to blackcat:

> Thats intresting mate, nice part of the alps.

It's a lovely part of the Alps and worth a look if you're on your way to Ceuse for example. It's where the Alps start to turn into Provence and the flora and fauna are quite special as a result.

> ,i never knew there were that many,an estimated 2000 wolves.Wouldnt want to run into them

My mate in the forestry service does the local wolf census every year and he's only ever seen one through a long lense (they use kill sites, scat, tracks - which in quite used to spotting now- etc as proxies). We both run ultra marathons and have run literally thousands of KM in those remote mountains in training and never seen one (I would love to). They can hear and smell you coming for miles and generally give humans a wide berth. Wolves only really eat humans in fairy tales. 

I'm far more worried about wild boar when running in the mountains alone. 

OP blackcat 19 Dec 2021
In reply to yorkshireman:

That was actually my concern running alone in the alps,which ive been planning since before the pandemic started,which had now scuppered those plans.Btw theres a similar programme on monday morning around 10.30am worth watching.

Thunderbird7 22 Dec 2021
In reply to Stichtplate:

He was much better in Big Wednesday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...