Skoda Fabia Estate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackspratt 27 Oct 2021

Hi,

I was thinking of trading in my 2013 fiesta Zetec 1.2 for a 2015 SKoda Fabia Estate, I wondered if there were any owners out there who could give feedback, My reasons and needs are:

Way more economical, same monthly price and my fiesta only does 41.6mpg so should actually save money doing this.

Boot Space, with the dog I need to be able to get my moon warrior and dmm highball in the boot without the back seats down.

ianstevens 27 Oct 2021
In reply to Jackspratt:

A moon warrior won’t fit in an Octavia boot without at least one seat down, so sounds like the Fabia is a little small or your requirements.

ScraggyGoat 27 Oct 2021
In reply to Jackspratt:

I have a 2016, Fabia estate (petrol) mileage is a bit better but not outstandingly so upper 40’s or low 50s if careful, you’d have to be light on the peddle  to achieve.

No idea on Boulder mats; sorry.

it’s my second fabia, both have tendency to scrub tyre shoulders and for the brake callipers to bind. Both occasionally had engine management issues with ?flapper valves.

never broken down, but never got the mythical Skoda free of garage bills many people report.

Post edited at 09:49
 Pedro50 27 Oct 2021
In reply to Jackspratt:

Petrol or diesel? My Fabia diesel was fabulously frugal but two fuel injectors failed at 60/65k which obviated much of the saving. 

joem 27 Oct 2021
In reply to Jackspratt:

You'll fit a DMM Highball in no problem I get 60 odd mpg out of mine I can usually fit 3 pads in the boot but the highball is biggest I've got. 

ebdon 27 Oct 2021
In reply to Jackspratt:

I doubt you would be able to fit those mats in the back of a Fabia, I can just about fit 2 similar sized mats in my Octavia which is quite a bit bigger than a Fabia. Allthough this may be rubbish as I don't actually own one, but when I replaced my focus I ruled out Fabias as being too small.

Neil Williams 27 Oct 2021
In reply to Jackspratt:

I would say a Fabia Estate is vaguely comparable in size if a little bigger to the Fiesta 5-door hatch, if that's any help?  The older one was bigger, but the newer one isn't a true estate, more of a "big small hatchback".

Post edited at 10:43
 ScraggyGoat 27 Oct 2021

For reference with the seats down I can get two bikes in the back with the wheels on, but is easier to take the front wheels off.

the older Fabia estate was a fractionally bigger, but more importantly had smaller rear door columns, so was easier to get bulky / awkward items in and out of.

Post edited at 11:03
 NorthernGrit 27 Oct 2021
In reply to Jackspratt:

2014 model. Boot isn't as big as I imagined it would be. Doubt you'll get those pads in without dropping seats. Also seats don't fold fully flat (fine for storage not much good for kipping in). Reliable and economical though. 

ScraggyGoat 27 Oct 2021
In reply to Pedro50:

My old diesel got to 120k and the injectors were going. Post 79K had lots of EGR problems, along with the brake issues wiped out savings.

65 27 Oct 2021
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

> For reference with the seats down I can get two bikes in the back with the wheels on, but is easier to take the front wheels off.

What kind/size of bike? I have an Octavia estate and I need to take both wheels off. Mrs 65’s tiny mtb might go in with the back wheel on, haven’t tried. 

ScraggyGoat 27 Oct 2021
In reply to 65:

Two hard tail MTB, front wheels off only makes a huge difference. Occasional take a seat off as well.

or one straight handled bar tourer and one Cx but the dropped handle bars are a pain.

old Fabia could just manage the MTB with wheels on.

Si dH 27 Oct 2021
In reply to ianstevens:

> A moon warrior won’t fit in an Octavia boot without at least one seat down, so sounds like the Fabia is a little small or your requirements.

I think you must be thinking of a Saturn. I could get three Warriors in the boot of my Octavia without putting the back seat down. I have put four padsmin it many times with the backseats up and no loss of visibility, but two of those are slightly smaller than a Warrior.

I'm not sure of the size of the Fabia estate boot with seats up but the key thing is the width between the wheel arches. If that's 1m (as is common) it will be fine for two pads in the estate version. (A mate of mine used to carry 3 or 4 pads incl one extra large one in a Fabia estate with the seats down.)

Post edited at 12:16
 Run_Ross_Run 27 Oct 2021
In reply to Jackspratt:

Had the fabia estate monte carlo. Petrol 1 ltr, 110bhp. Engine is spot on for the car size and the clutch etc really comfortable for town driving. Economy would be low /mid 50 on a100mile motorway journey from South Wales to Swindon keeping at the speed limit.

Rear legroom isn't amazing but boot is very good. I don't think it would take the width of a mat though.

Overall I miss the car and its ease/ practicality. 

ianstevens 27 Oct 2021
In reply to Si dH:

> I think you must be thinking of a Saturn. I could get three Warriors in the boot of my Octavia without putting the back seat down. I have put four padsmin it many times with the backseats up and no loss of visibility, but two of those are slightly smaller than a Warrior.

Quite possibly...

Si dH 27 Oct 2021
In reply to ianstevens:

The Saturn is the big one.  Warrior is mid size, about 1*1.3m or 1*0.65m folded.

Robrossmills 28 Oct 2021
In reply to Jackspratt:

I have a 2015 Fabia estate and can confirm a moon warrior gets in the boot without the seats down. It's tight and a brand new mat doesn't really fit but once its softened up a bit it goes in with a good shove. In fact you can get two warriors and a moon pluto/metolius session in the boot and still have some room for bags as the warrior doesn't take up the full length of the boot floor. 

Only problem for me is sitting someone behind me, I'm very tall and have the seat all the way back and as low as it will go which basically gets rid of all the leg room in the car.

Fuel efficiency is approx. 50, slight less if you right foot is heavy or doing lots of driving on country lanes. 

Post edited at 14:18

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...