Shouty polaticians

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 subtle 09 Dec 2019

Oh dear, watching a debate on TV, well, so called debate as it seems to be a shouting match between Angela Rayner and Jo Swinson - both of them shouting at anyone trying to answer a question.

Poor show if this is what politics has become.

Mind you there no control from the presenter.

On tonight's showing I wouldn't vote for either Labour or Liberal Democrats, these candidates are not doing them any favours.

DaveHK 09 Dec 2019
In reply to subtle:

If it's the same one I saw last night the Green and SNP representatives acquitted themselves very well and Swinson and Rayner were awful.

Post edited at 21:45
 DancingOnRock 09 Dec 2019
In reply to subtle:

I think it’s all getting a bit desperate in Westminster. Every single one of them is  literally fighting for their job. 

Ecce Homer 09 Dec 2019
In reply to subtle:

This does seem to be a feature of politics these days. I’d get flayed if I gave my opinion on who is usually to blame, so I’ll keep my own council on that. Presenters are often just as bad. Debate seems to be about shutting people down instead of listening to what’s being said and responding. I often find myself shouting at the TV or radio “STFU and listen!”

Post edited at 21:48
OP subtle 09 Dec 2019
In reply to DaveHK:

> If it's the same one I saw last night the Green and SNP representatives acquitted themselves very well and Swinson and Rayner were awful.

Question Time Special for Under 30s - sounds like same panel/result that you saw last night though, which makes it even worse

DaveHK 09 Dec 2019
In reply to subtle:

> Question Time Special for Under 30s - sounds like same panel/result that you saw last night though, which makes it even worse

The Green man was particularly good I thought.

Ridge 09 Dec 2019
In reply to subtle:

> Oh dear, watching a debate on TV, well, so called debate as it seems to be a shouting match between Angela Rayner and Jo Swinson - both of them shouting at anyone trying to answer a question.

> Poor show if this is what politics has become.

> Mind you there no control from the presenter.

> On tonight's showing I wouldn't vote for either Labour or Liberal Democrats, these candidates are not doing them any favours.

The presenter was better than Fiona Bruce...

All three major parties were appalling, and Swinson was barely coherent. SNP, Greens and to an extent Plaid Cymru were much better.

JoshOvki 10 Dec 2019
In reply to subtle:

I'm not convinced it is just in politics shouty is becoming a thing. It is creeping up where I work too. Either people are becoming more deaf or they need to chill out. I have taken to a policy of if someone starts shouting over me while I speak I leave the meeting. They can't do the changes they want without me agreeing to it, so they have to come back when they have calmed down.

summo 10 Dec 2019
In reply to subtle:

The only hope for the lib dems is a credible future leader is elected somewhere on Thursday. She's dreadful, she makes happy clapper Tim look competent. There is a risk that what remains of them will be wiped out completely. 

In reply to DaveHK:

> The Green man was particularly good I thought.

Yep. I agree. And it shows how much effect that the last few days can have on floating voters. I was nailed on to vote LD, with Labour a close second. Now I'm closer to voting green given the Swinson Rayner show last night.

Rayner is particularly awful. 

Desperate times.

Post edited at 08:38

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...