Shipping a large item to Ireland ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 20 Jan 2021

I ve had a genuine enquiry about a large commercial coffee grinder I’m selling . It’s quiet a niche thing that I’m keen to  get shut off  so if it’s possible I’ll try to do it . . Any ideas / thoughts about wether or not with the current ( insert appropriate rude adjective ) situation this will be feasible ? Idly wondering if shipping to a friend in Northern Ireland and buyer then collects might be more doable  ? I’ve seen Alan’s thread and read Jim Titt s but with this bring second hand I wonder if it might be doable ?  Do we have any special arrangement with Ireland ? 

Toerag 20 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

The taxes and duties will be payable however you get it there I suspect.

J1234 20 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

I would try Interparcel first, but if you are VAT registered you will need an EORI (easy and free) and a HS code (google it) and multiple invoice copies or whatever, even for NI, which is the course I would suggest. If Eire you would need to send 0% VAT and then they would tax them in, think.

I am sending something to NI later this week, just looks like a couple more boxes to tick but no big deal. If it was food I suspect it might be more of a big deal.

Try entering the details in here https://uk.interparcel.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAxp-ABhALEiwAXm6IyXqV1V3irumgzlUbQ... if your parcel is too big, try 140 x 30 x 30 and 23kg, which will get you to the next stage and give you an overview of what's required.

OP mike123 20 Jan 2021
In reply to J1234:

excellent . thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...