Self development official day 1

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

While I've been nowhere this weekend but to get a little shopping Saturday, I'm classifying this a day 1 of my official shut down. 

Waking up.  Coffee.

Zapping myself with my toning belt.  

Leg raises and sit ups to follow.  Maybe a bit of an ripperX

Pull ups on my bar. 

Press ups on my push up bars

Bicep curls with barbells

Pistol squats with kettle bell

Stretches and yoga throughout the day as and when I feel like it. 

Hope you have a plan.   

SAF 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

No self improvement here...

Make cup of tea

Put yesterdays dirty uniform on for a wash

Supervise potty time

Make daughter breakfast

Stop dog stealing daughter's breakfast

Supervise daughter feeding dog his breakfast (IT IS HER JOB!)

Get dressed

Make beds and do a few other cleaning jobs

Try to get daughter dressed, admit defeat, reschedule for later

Remember cup of tea, drink lukewarm.

Sit on living room floor drawing bus, bike, digger, duck on repeat

Read "poo in the zoo" 3 times

Play old MacDonald on the piano (now I'm a proper legend!!)

Do 10 minutes of cosmic kids yoga (it's actually really good) and some Zumba for kids.

Snack time

Stop dog stealing snack

Etc, etc for the rest of the day for the next 12 weeks, except the days when I'm in work for 12 hours....hmmm ... Maybe I will do some overtime after all!!

That's a good plan, but what are you going to do for the other 23.5 hours of the day?

> Hope you have a plan.   

Yep. Revolves around a timetable of activities for the kids, which my wife has planned! 🤔

Then when she's back from work I'll be hitting the turbo with a film and some  hangboarding. 

Stay sane. 

In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> That's a good plan, but what are you going to do for the other 23.5 hours of the day?

Oooof! ☺ 

In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> That's a good plan, but what are you going to do for the other 23.5 hours of the day?

Repeat as necessary. 

God I'm going to be shredded by the time this is up.  

Currently 13 % body fat at 70 kg

So I'm not already out of shape. 

galpinos 23 Mar 2020

No plan for self improvement.

I'll either working or dad-ing on a rota. 

Andy Hardy 23 Mar 2020

I'm going to creosote the fence.

In. Your. Face. Covid-19 💪

In reply to SAF:

If you've not seen it Joe Wicks 09:00hrs YouTube Live - doing kids phys sessions. He's a bit keen but actually pretty good. I'm a born cynic but even I'm excited for this. 

Post edited at 09:02
 SAF 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

Also look at "the ballet coach" on Facebook, they are doing regular free live classes throughout the week from age 3 to elderly.

Think I'm going to dig my telescope out of the loft and attempt to sky watch on the shutdown

When it's dark obviously

Post edited at 09:10
 SAF 23 Mar 2020

Good plan. The sky was amazing last night .

nniff 23 Mar 2020

16 miles loop around Box Hill on a bicycle to 'go to work' - how come that is more dangerous that riding into the centre of London?  At least the air is cleaner, but I far being hit by two tons of idiot more than I fear being hit by the virus.  This is part of keeping the same routine.

Set up office in kitchen (more space than the proper office, which is full of crap).  Work through to lunchtime.  Take dog for a walk.  Work though until about 6.  

Have a beer.

In reply to SAF:

> Good plan. The sky was amazing last night .

Yes we have a new moon tonight/tomorrow 

stp 23 Mar 2020

> Waking up.  Coffee.

I'm guessing the coffee won't be on the plan for long. I ran out before the crisis and not been able to get any since (admittedly I was looking for decaff).

I have done a small bit of training yesterday but I find it hard to motivate myself if it's not related to climbing somewhere, sometime. Training all winter for the spring is normal. But if this is gonna go on for a year or more I think I might find that hard.

In reply to SAF:

> Also look at "the ballet coach" on Facebook, they are doing regular free live classes throughout the week from age 3 to elderly.

Roger that and thanks. 

Day one finished. 

It's all a bit sureal. 

Tighter restrictions coming in I see, well to be expected really, humans can't behave themselves.

Bugger !

So the plan is to evade the alien Invaders long enough for a vaccine or reliable treatment to be found , and they could be anywhere people are or have been .

I'll stay put then, if it can't see me , it can't get me .

Mark Kemball 23 Mar 2020

Trying to learn Welsh again (duolingo this time), weeding and planting in the allotment, and working on the culm guide. May also try to tidy the shed but this task may take longer than the epedemic. Also vaguely thinking of exercise...

deepsoup 24 Mar 2020
In reply to SAF:

> Good plan. The sky was amazing last night .

I did something I've been meaning to do for ages on Sunday night - 'stealth' lap of Ladybower by sea kayak, getting on the water at dusk.  (No chance of doing it in daylight or more normal times - the fishery, who cheerfully rent out little motor boats to life-jacketless anglers, strongly object on 'health & safety' grounds.)

Best starry sky I've seen for ages, and the starlight (actually the brightest thing in the sky was Venus) was enough to navigate by -  I didn't need my head torch at all until it was time to find the exact spot to get off.  Holy shit those plug holes are intimidating if you sidle up to them at water level in the dark!  (Zero chance of actually falling down one, but still..)

Siward 24 Mar 2020

Try (that being the operative word) to nail Sultans of Swing on the guitar. That'll take at least 12 weeks.

Funny, Dire Straits were on the cringingly uncool list since forever but, reassessed in my older years the man can play some mighty fine fingerpickin'  

Tringa 24 Mar 2020
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> I'm going to creosote the fence.

> In. Your. Face. Covid-19 💪

The sale of creosote was banned in 2003 so I hope your tin of creosote is in good condition.

Dave

lorentz 24 Mar 2020
In reply to Siward:

My guilty secret go to on Youtube. Always crops up on my playlist for some reason... So uncool, but such great work on guitar by Mr Knopfler!

Good luck with it... That solo on the outro is sublime!

In reply to Siward:

> Try (that being the operative word) to nail Sultans of Swing on the guitar. That'll take at least 12 weeks.

> Funny, Dire Straits were on the cringingly uncool list since forever but, reassessed in my older years the man can play some mighty fine fingerpickin'  

I'm a punter on the guitar but been playing for ages (badly). Kids are having lessons (or were) and their tutor has them playing A in what I would say is the correct three finger pattern.

Now, worse than being crap, I'm lazy so always played A with one finger over three strings. This had the knock on effect of my B played with barre sounding a bit meh. But in the spirit of solidarity I'm doing it their way for A.

Lo and behold the barre B is now sounding so much better. Having to learn the change to get a bit slicker but I don't have to avoid any tunes with B in anymore.

Flinticus 24 Mar 2020

Did a rough pen drawing of a crow from one of my photos.

Used to like sketching decades ago. Never gave time to it since. Who knows I may still not but...

In reply to Flinticus:

Hoovered all the rooms in the house and did some general tidying up.  Bit of exercise and then a food induced coma on the sopha.  

Andy Gamisou 24 Mar 2020

Sad to say I restarted alcohol consumption, something I've been off for several months, and which, I've been told, I really ought not to do.  My wife would not be very happy, but fortunately is on nights so won't find out.  Maybe just a one off....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...