SAP Crystal Reports

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 supersteve 30 Jun 2021

I have recently acquired an SAP Crystal Reports licence for the company I work for, so we can edit some of our templates such as invoices and delivery notes. I have a very limited knowledge of SAP - can anyone recommend either online tutorials or even YouTube video's which I could fill my evenings with? Not looking to do anything major, just some basic editing. 

Dark-Cloud 30 Jun 2021
In reply to supersteve:

Edit SAP? Good luck with that! The lot I work for are 2 years in to a SAP implementation, have missed every target, delivered one module, canned several modules and keep employing consultants to try and deliver it...

Or do you mean Crystal reports tutorials ?

OP supersteve 30 Jun 2021
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Just after basic tutorials on using the software. We were getting an IT guy at £100 a go each time we wanted to edit some wording on a template, or add a line of description. So we trialled the package for free for a month and realised it was worth paying the £400 for the licence, but it would be good to now increase my knowledge a little (not by too much, as I'm not interested in creating complex formulas) so I am more fluid with the processes. 

Durkules 01 Jul 2021
In reply to supersteve:

It's worth having a look for courses on Udemy. They are almost always on offer so cost around £11-15. The quality of the courses is variable but some are fantastic value, with hours of video tutorials. It's worth watching the preview videos of courses to get an idea of what will be covered and how good the instructor is. I've used several for various software / programming languages and they have been really useful.

steve taylor 01 Jul 2021
In reply to supersteve:

We use Crystal reports to turn raw database (Oracle, SQL) info into something "readable" for managers and customers.

Really, you need to have a basic understanding of how databases work to get the most out of it. I sent a group  of users on a Crystal Reports training course for a week, and they all moaned about how technical it was....

Neil Williams 01 Jul 2021
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Crystal Reports is owned by SAP but is a fairly easy to use Windows application (has been around for years, it used to ship with Visual BASIC years ago), not based on the SAP System itself.

Post edited at 13:04

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...