Salary for my new 2nd job?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 25 Mar 2020

So, my wife and I are now school teachers to 2 small children in addition to working our normal jobs, meaning that I am now working late into the evenings, and, possibly, over the weekend, to keep on top of things and my wife is going to have to spread her work over 5 days instead of her normal 3.

Our usual childcare resources for holidays, the Grandparents, are unavailable, as they are all >70 and therefore self-isolating.

Who do I need to apply to for the overtime...?

jimtitt 25 Mar 2020
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Your member......

Wiley Coyote2 25 Mar 2020

You could try  charging your kids' parents....oh hang on

OP LastBoyScout 25 Mar 2020
In reply to Wiley Coyote2:

Maybe I could pay myself by claiming a refund from my pot of childcare vouchers...

...but then I'd have to tax myself on them

Wiley Coyote2 25 Mar 2020

If you keep the money moving fast enough by paying yourself exorbitant amounts for trivial jobs and throw in a few intellectual property charges  there's no tax. Well at least not if you are Amazon

OP LastBoyScout 25 Mar 2020

To all the dislikers - come on, I DID add the smiley

Or did you just not like the discrepancy between "salary" and "overtime"?

Tringa 26 Mar 2020

Set up a limited company, eg LBS Home Schooling. Make you and your wife the only employees and "pay" both of you £2,500 a month. Then claim you cannot work due to the virus and claim 80% of your "salaries" from the Chancellor.

Dave

BTW Please don't do this at home.

bleddynmawr 26 Mar 2020

No pay, but you get to sleep with your child's teacher!

elliot.baker 26 Mar 2020

This is *exactly* the same as our situation. I was like oh great we get him at home now but in actual fact it's just like doing the job of a nursery and our normal jobs in the space of 24 hours, instead of doing our normal jobs in say 8 hours.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...