Recovery from vein stripping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 13 Jul 2022

I have a slot for vein surgery which has appeared rather quickly and only two days before I leave for a week in the Lakes that is supposed to involve plenty of walking with young kids and hopefully including a trip up Jacks Rake with an 9 year old.

Anyone had experience of full length leg vein stripping and the subsequent recovery? Should I try and get it deferred? It's one leg only.

Post edited at 15:40
In reply to Removed User:

Are you just having the veins stripped or are you having anything else? Laser or RF Ablation? I had RF and maybe around 50 phlebotomies. My wife collected me in a wheelchair. The pain and recovery was a LOT worse than I thought it would be. I was off work for 2 weeks and pain free after 2 months. Finally worth it now though as my legs are not lumpy anymore! Good luck!

Dave B 13 Jul 2022

You shouldn't be doing a lot of exercise after 2 days. Talk to the surgeon, but I'd say no...  Postpone one or the other. 

Removed User 14 Jul 2022
In reply to Dave B:

That's what I'm thinking. They are keen to push me into the slot, which I'm guessing is a cancellation. Took 18 months to get a consultant appointment, then 10 days later a slot comes up!

Removed User 14 Jul 2022
In reply to Graham Westbrook:

Just getting them stripped I think.

stubbed 14 Jul 2022

Just get the surgery done and have a rest on holiday. The Lakes will still be there October half term (and less tourists around)

Removed User 14 Jul 2022
In reply to stubbed:

I've got 4 kids at 8 and under and an partially disabled wife. Resting is not an option!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...