Recommendations for Ireland with a 2 year old

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MikeR 01 Jul 2022

Hi all,

We'll be off to Ireland for the last couple of weeks in July, travelling in a friend's campervan with our 2 year old. 

We'll be getting the ferry to Dublin then straight on to Sligo, but no plans beyond that. Can anyone recommend places to go, things to see/do that are toddler friendly? Preferably on the west coast, but doesn't have to be.

Also, does anyone know what Ireland's like for being able to pull over for the night, or is everywhere no overnight parking?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Joez 01 Jul 2022
In reply to MikeR:

Start with ⅓ pints of Guinness and work your way up.

OP MikeR 01 Jul 2022
In reply to Joez:

I think some Guinness will be a given, although I might skip the 1/3 measures. 

Any other suggestions?

Bog ninja 01 Jul 2022
In reply to MikeR:

I’m from Glenbeigh in Co Kerry and there’s a lovely beach there called Rossbeigh with a well equipped playground, lots of rock pools to explore, sand to dig in and a safe beach to swim and paddle in. Lovely views of Dingle bay and the surrounding hills too. There’s a nearby pub called Rosspoint that does good food as well. As far as I know there’s no overnight parking allowed for camper vans on the beach, there’s a barrier, but there is a touring campsite in the village called Glenross.

Welsh Kate 01 Jul 2022
In reply to Bog ninja:

I used to rent a cottage up the hill towards Windy Gap every year for my mum and me. Haven't been for 10 years now, but love the area and yes - the beach is great!

OP MikeR 01 Jul 2022
In reply to Bog ninja:

Sounds great, thanks for the suggestion. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...