Recent wildlife

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mick taylor 05 Sep 2020

Very autumnal this morning, helped blow the red wine cobwebs away. Not the best photo, but took this earlier - quite a large prey for a kestrel. 

mick taylor 05 Sep 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Sparrowhawk being hassled , one crow is upside down, bit weird. 

mick taylor 05 Sep 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

This is the hard as nails roe doe after it rammed my springer. Few seconds earlier it was a few feet away. 

Post edited at 10:55

mick taylor 05 Sep 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

This guy was having a great sing. 

wbo2 05 Sep 2020
In reply to mick taylor: Good pictures as always   re. the crows and sparrowhark... all time avian moment, 2 curlew mobbing a goshawk

deepsoup 10 Sep 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

This week I've mostly been mooching about by/on the sea.

Michael Hood 11 Sep 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Walking along beach (Newborough in Anglesey) yesterday, great views of Sandwich Terns fishing, seemingly not bothered by people or dogs.

Doug 11 Sep 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

First morning stroll for a few days (various reasons) & definite signs of autumn. After yesterday evening's rain its still quite wet underfoot, so mostly stayed on gravel tracks & the road, slight dusting of snow on the highest peaks (circa 3 000m). A few trees starting to change colour, most obvious on the birches, maples & cherries, still a bit early for the beech & larch which form most of the woods here. Very few fungi, but I did spot a giant puffball, almost the size of a football but growing on a wet, very steep grassy bank & just out of reach. May go back later when the grass is a bit drier but although the sun is now out, more rain is forecast for later.

Very few birds seen or heard, even the local jays were silent (for once).

mick taylor 11 Sep 2020
In reply to Michael Hood:

Great stuff. I was there in August - little egret flew along the beach.

Michael Hood 11 Sep 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

And Choughs, seems like if you go to any rocky headland on Anglesey where there's plenty of short sheep cropped grass, there'll be a pair of Choughs. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...