Reasons not to wear a mask part 1..........

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

You know what's coming ...........

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/derbyshire-shopper-refused...

"Officers have also been called out to deal with a middle-aged man who said that a face mask would lower his IQ, and an elderly woman who pushed a staff member out of the way before screaming that she had already been vaccinated and so did not need to wear a mask, reports Staffordshire Live.

"Unbelievably, another seasoned shopper was reported to have advised customers not to wear face coverings because he felt it caused the shrinking of an unmentionable body part."

Unfortunately we have to share this world with these neuronally challenged lifeforms.

AP

Bottom Clinger 15 Jun 2021
In reply to Archmagos_Dominus:

> "Unbelievably, another seasoned shopper was reported to have advised customers not to wear face coverings because he felt it caused the shrinking of an unmentionable body part.”

I’m now wearing 8 face coverings at once, just in case the opposite is true. I will keep everyone updated as to any developments. 

dread-i 15 Jun 2021

Could be worse. There are idiots out there, that have been emboldened by their countries government. From the top down and even now, a large proportion of the government are stating that masks dont work / aren't needed. The security guard did his job. But looking objectively, WTF. Both the killing of the shop worker and having a gun fight in a supermarket.

Businesses in the US state can ask customers to wear a face covering to limit the spread of COVID-19 but they are not allowed to require them to do so.

The rules were brought in under executive orders issued by Republican governor Brian Kemp.

https://news.sky.com/story/supermarket-worker-shot-and-killed-by-customer-a...

In reply to dread-i:

Yeah I saw that too.

Totally insane .....  asked to wear a mask so he shoots someone.

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

> I’m now wearing 8 face coverings at once, just in case the opposite is true. I will keep everyone updated as to any developments. 

Nothing to report so far. 

Lankyman 15 Jun 2021

Non-wearers should be charged with possession of an offensive face

Where did we get to on the mask vs no-mask debate?

I’m not defending the f@ck-wits, but I recall that there was a big debate around whether they helped or not and then once the government mandated them everyone went silent.

Someone must have done more studies about how effective they are in the past 12 months?

I assume most transmission is happening in homes now and masks are a bit redundant at the moment.

hang_about 15 Jun 2021

Sorry - couldn't hear you properly under all those masks....

Richard Horn 15 Jun 2021

> You know what's coming ...........

Guaranteed tedium?

CantClimbTom 15 Jun 2021

Odd.. because  round my way, 25% or something of people don't wear masks and nobody seems to care, most shops don't mention it. In fact a week ago I had some stupid brain moment and paid for petrol and only realised no mask as I was leaving (not sure how I could forget after ~12 months of mask wearing!) so I said sorry, and the guy replied with (literally) a shrug - don't worry nobody cares

Dark-Cloud 15 Jun 2021

The whole last 18 months has changed peoples manners and attitudes to one another markedly from what i am seeing and experiencing, I got berated on a bus a few weeks ago for standing to close to somebody, despite that fact they had been sat directly in front of me for 30 minutes, i politely pointed out that a bus may not be the best place for them if they were that concerned for their own safety, for which I was again berated.

Also its confusing for some people hearing the mixed messages, BoJo stood on the TV last night and stated that being vaccinated greatly reduces the risk of transmission (people watch him and believe him for some unknown reason) so you could understand why people may think masks are not required even though they are and nothing has changed.

PS, I'm not an anti masker

In reply to hang_about:

I'm now slapping on the hand gel just in case that will help.  Its a bit stingy, but in a nice way.

elsewhere 15 Jun 2021

> I'm now slapping on the hand gel just in case that will help.  Its a bit stingy, but in a nice way.

Pics or it didn't happen.

On seconds thoughts...

Wingnut 15 Jun 2021

Perhaps if you massaged it in gently instead of slapping ... ?

Stichtplate 15 Jun 2021
In reply to Wingnut:

> Perhaps if you massaged it in gently instead of slapping ... ?

are we finally getting a thread with a happy ending?

Ridge 15 Jun 2021

> Nothing to report so far. 

Thats what your Mrs said.

ChrisBrooke 15 Jun 2021

> I’m now wearing 8 face coverings at once, just in case the opposite is true. I will keep everyone updated as to any developments. 

8?!? Autoasphyxia?

Andy Hardy 15 Jun 2021
In reply to VSisjustascramble:

> I assume most transmission is happening in homes now and masks are a bit redundant at the moment.

Pubs are open, cafes are open, gyms are open and schools never shut and have recently removed the requirement for mask wearing, all of which I would think would be bigger transmission vectors than homes.

Update: somethings happening!!!

Edit: false alarm I’m afraid, but at least I’ve found the small bottle of hand gel I’d misplaced.

Post edited at 17:51
In reply to VSisjustascramble:

> but I recall that there was a big debate around whether they helped or not and then once the government mandated them everyone went silent.

The government vacillation was because there weren't enough masks (or other PPE) for NHS staff. So they put out the message that PPE wasn't necessary, or effective.

Message Removed 16 Jun 2021
Reason: inappropriate content

Last Christmas I watched a very over weight, and therefore extremely vulnerable to covid, man exit Ebbw Vale Tesco without a mask then light up a cigarette immediately on exit. 

Ciro 16 Jun 2021

In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

> Quote removed

Can you drop the pejorative language please? There's no need for that.

Duncan Bourne 16 Jun 2021
In reply to blackmountainbiker:

Sounds like a song by George Michael.

Last Christmas I endangered my heart...

In reply to blackmountainbiker:

> Last Christmas I watched a very over weight, and therefore extremely vulnerable to covid, man exit Ebbw Vale Tesco without a mask then light up a cigarette immediately on exit. 

Darwinism in action 

Lankyman 16 Jun 2021
In reply to Duncan Bourne:

> Sounds like a song by George Michael.

> Last Christmas I endangered my heart...

'And the very next day it just failed to start'

Andy Hardy 16 Jun 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

This year, to save me from tears

I got one from someone special (special)

Big up to all the donors out there (I actually feel a bit sad that I know the lyrics to the cheesiest song of the 80s)

Duncan Bourne 16 Jun 2021
In reply to Andy Hardy:

totally!

Alkis 16 Jun 2021

> "Unbelievably, another seasoned shopper was reported to have advised customers not to wear face coverings because he felt it caused the shrinking of an unmentionable body part."

"Oh, you must have been wearing masks your whole life then. Too late to stop now, man, it's irreversible."

Rick51 16 Jun 2021

"Officers have also been called out to deal with a middle-aged man who said that a face mask would lower his IQ"

Clearly a drop would result in a minus IQ value.

Message Removed 16 Jun 2021
Reason: inappropriate content

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...