Rainbows

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ThunderCat 30 Oct 2021

Today's mercy mission involved driving 20 miles to my daughters house to drop off a mcdonalds happy meal for my granddaughter. They're self isolating due to covid and they're all in various levels of crapness. Granddaughter crying a lot due to sore throat and ear ache so I thought I'd surprise her with some toys, craft stuff and the food. 

Awful having to dump it on the front step, knock and then back away, and say hello from 20 feet. Hugs would have been great right now. 

But I got rewarded on the way home with two amazing rainbows. Its funny how even though I know what causes them, my brain still just thinks they're magic. Pure magic. If I ever see a rainbow and  think 'meh', then I know I've grown tired of life.

Let's hear it for rainbows. 

philipivan 30 Oct 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Great rainbow weather! It feels good to be able to do someone a good turn though doesn't it? I remember swapping covid support with friends last year. 

Took kids to the wall for bouldering for the 1st time since covid, they are so much better now at 6,7! Was great fun. 

Make sure you get that hug when they're out of isolation. 

BusyLizzie 30 Oct 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

I saw a lovely rainbow this evening. They are always magical.

OP ThunderCat 30 Oct 2021
In reply to philipivan:

> Great rainbow weather! It feels good to be able to do someone a good turn though doesn't it? I remember swapping covid support with friends last year. 

> Took kids to the wall for bouldering for the 1st time since covid, they are so much better now at 6,7! Was great fun. 

> Make sure you get that hug when they're out of isolation. 

Felt like I was santa today. Apart from the food there was craft kits, some bits of pottery we had done last month that I had picked up that been fired and glazed, a handfull of loose change for her holiday money box, a soft toy for her baby sister,  two massive pumpkins. Then spent a few minutes at the window making faces at them whilst they stuffed their faces. Next best thing to a hug.

OP ThunderCat 30 Oct 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

> I saw a lovely rainbow this evening. They are always magical.

Seriously, I get an almost mystical feeling of awe when you see one that's barely visible, and then the sun comes out from behind a cloud and the colour of the rainbow ramps up to such an intense level..

So much beauty

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...