Radiatore pasta - who sells it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 30 Jan 2021

One of my favourite pasta shapes is radiatore. You used to be able to get it easily enough with all the other standard dried pasta in at least Sainsbury's. Now it seems that none of the major supermarkets stock it. Anyone got any idea where I can get some aside from having Ocado deliver it? Not looking for high-end poncey high price stuff, just normal bog standard pasta like you get your spaghetti and conchiglie etc. 

marsbar 30 Jan 2021
In reply to Blue Straggler:

How odd.  It seems to have vanished.  

Yanis Nayu 30 Jan 2021
In reply to marsbar:

It’s been replaced by underfloorheatingelli

Bulls Crack 30 Jan 2021

Any number of places online

Queenie 30 Jan 2021

Look also for  'Armoniche'. Much the same. I had some recently and they were SO good, but I think they were a one off Diddly-di offer, sadly.

In reply to Bulls Crack:

> Any number of places online

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my OP. I have seen online sellers. I was interested in whether any of the physically accessible grocery outlets sell them. I may have missed some but the major supermarket chains plus M&S Food Halls don’t seem to do it. I haven’t looked at (say) H&B, elf foods etc yet 

Post edited at 20:44
In reply to Queenie:

Thanks , I will bear it in mind 

Tom Valentine 30 Jan 2021

Tesco sold it for a time but now if I want to eat pasta which reminds me of cars I have to buy dischi volante.

Donotello 30 Jan 2021

Can’t believe they literally just called it Radiator Pasta because it looks like a radiator. 

In reply to Donotello:

Aren't most of the translations of pasta names quite literally referring to the shape? 

Welsh Kate 30 Jan 2021

Fusilli would probably be a reasonable substitute for radiatori in terms of type of sauce, though I appreciate that favourite pasta shapes are a personal thing!

In reply to Welsh Kate:

Fusilli is what it is, it does the job, but it's a bit like it's the Coldplay/Kasabian/Libertines/Keane/Razorlight of pasta, whereas I want something a bit more The Kills or PJ Harvey or Fiona Apple i.e. not totally far removed from standard song structure but just a bit different and better and special. 

freeflyer 31 Jan 2021

> Fusilli is what it is, it does the job, but it's a bit like it's the Coldplay/Kasabian/Libertines/Keane/Razorlight of pasta, whereas I want something a bit more The Kills or PJ Harvey or Fiona Apple i.e. not totally far removed from standard song structure but just a bit different and better and special. 

Go Sex Pistols -  try some dinosauri:

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73434/Dalla-Costa-Tricolour-Dinosaur-Pasta-Shape...

Dave B 31 Jan 2021

Aldi, when it is in season. 

Post edited at 20:35
 Bulls Crack 01 Feb 2021

A bit limited at the moment unless you have an Italian  deli nearby! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...