Property Issue-Pending invoice from previous seller

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sneha 20 Nov 2022

I bought 1 bed flat and  had completion done in July 2022. At the time of completion, leasehold company clear all the dues and specifically mentioned that some invoices will be issued in September 2022. Now completion is done in July 2022, leaseholder company send pending invoice in September 2022 for the work done during period March 2021 to March 2022 when seller was lease holder. When we contacted seller's solicitor to pay this invoice as those dues are before completion date, their solicitor refuse to pay the pending Invoice and said the invoice has been received after completion date and no matter when work was done, they will not going to pay these invoices. so my question here is who is actually legally have to pay , me or seller and if they have to pay then what will be the legal action i can take on them to pay all their pending invoices? Thanks in advice for advice and help.

Jenny C 20 Nov 2022
In reply to sneha:

I would be going back to your solicitor. Either they have dropped a major ball by missing this, or the seller's solicitor is telling you porkies. 

Even if you are liable for the invoices, I would have expected your solicitor to have picked up on the fact and made sure you were fully aware of the expected extra costs.

neilh 20 Nov 2022
In reply to sneha:

How much are we talking about?

In reply to sneha:

You've created a shiny new account on ukclimbing to ask this??

kevin stephens 20 Nov 2022
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder: maybe it’s a longstanding user that understandably doesn’t want to be identified by their name in relation to this sensitive topic so has set up a separate user name and account for the purpose? 

Rob Exile Ward 20 Nov 2022
In reply to kevin stephens:

Rather depends on the nature of the next post or two, I'd say...

kevin stephens 20 Nov 2022
In reply to Rob Exile Ward: good to see UKC’s never sleeping pitchfork yeomanry on the case to protect us all from unworthy (or anonymous worthy?) folk consulting UKC’s hive mind to advise on a pressing concern

profitofdoom 20 Nov 2022
In reply to kevin stephens:

> maybe it’s a longstanding user that understandably doesn’t want to be identified by their name in relation to this sensitive topic so has set up a separate user name and account for the purpose? 

Or perhaps it isn't 

Regular users who do this would be wise to say they are doing it in their OP

Ian W 20 Nov 2022
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

> You've created a shiny new account on ukclimbing to ask this??

Very oddly, I answered a question on a facebook post on a completely unrelated topic (tourism in Dubai) posed by someone with the name Sneha just before this thread was started.......is this how some the odder one off requests could arrive on here?

timjones 20 Nov 2022
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

The wise can choose to ignore those that they are afraid might be trying to fool them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...