Power Adaptor - any electricians in the house?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I need to replace an AC Adaptor for my water softener.

The one that has packed up is an MPW HK48BA-24-800. As far as I can tell this is 24v - 800mA adaptor.

Looking online, the only one I can find to replace is an HK48BA-24-400 , so 400mA rather than 800mA.

Will this do the job? ( I hope so because I bought it, then thought about it afterwards) Can anyone shed any light if this will or will not work or is dangerous?

Thx in advance

ianstevens 01 Apr 2020
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Probably not - it'll provide only half as much power as the original.

Alkis 01 Apr 2020
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Depends on whether the original supply was overspecced or not. I see no reason for it to have been overspecced (higher power -> more expensive), so it'll probably not work and/or burn out if it's low quality.

Just buy any 24V 1A supply, there are thousands of them on the market.

In reply to Alkis:

Thanks chaps, on this advice I have emailed the company to ask them if they have a suitable replacement for the one I ordered.

Cheers

Denzil 01 Apr 2020
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus: There should be a plate on the water softener which details its power requirements. It would be unusual for the original power supply to be over-specced (would cost more!). As Alkis comments, a commonly available 1A would probably be the easiest.

In reply to Denzil:

AC Adaptors R Us have been extremely helpful and replaced my order for the correct model. Thx for all the help.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...