Posting wine bottles.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mick taylor 24 Nov 2020

Want to send a package of Xmas presents to Scotland from Wigan:  wine, jam, Meade, you get the idea. Reckon the equivalent of a dozen bottles of wine. Any preferred methods, tips etc coz I ain’t got a clue. 

In reply to mick taylor:

I have had bottles delivered to me in these things https://www.ferraripackaging.co.uk/bottle-protectors-c-156

aln 24 Nov 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Wrap in bubble wrap, make sure they fit tightly in a box, stuff any gaps with scrunched up newspaper. 

marsbar 24 Nov 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

You could send wine in something like this. https://www.sealantsandtoolsdirect.co.uk/manufacturers/sealants_and_tools_d...

Not as nice as glass, but not as breakable either.  

If you want to send glass bottles a wooden crate might be an idea.  

mick taylor 24 Nov 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Thanks all.

Which companies?

Graeme G 24 Nov 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

> Want to send a package of Xmas presents to Scotland from Wigan:  wine, jam, Meade, you get the idea. Reckon the equivalent of a dozen bottles of wine. Any preferred methods, tips etc coz I ain’t got a clue. 

That’s very kind, thanks. Should I DM my address to you? 

hokkyokusei 24 Nov 2020
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

> I have had bottles delivered to me in these things https://www.ferraripackaging.co.uk/bottle-protectors-c-156

My whisky deliveries come in those, they're very good at protecting bottles.

Toerag 24 Nov 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

It'll be heavy so you want an inch or more of polysytrene or densely packed bubblewrap around it, with some between the articles. Movement is the killer, everything needs to be snugly packed so it can't slide back and forth, repeatedly bashing into the side of the package or other contents.

In reply to hokkyokusei:

If you order direct from Bruichladdich they come in those things. They work really well. I think Master of Malt use them as well.

Jamie Wakeham 24 Nov 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Much discussion of this on Wine-Pages, which is another of the places I waste time on the internet!  Firstly you should realise that absolutely no-one will insure wine, so if they break then you will lose out.

So you're really looking for the carriers who are least likely to break them.  Allegedly DHL and APC (but via their Fragile hand-loading option only) are the best.  Inflatable protectors are the way forward. 

Chopper 24 Nov 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Don't know about posting wine bottles but a few years ago I wanted to bring four back in my rucksack from France.  I stacked them in the middle of the sack, each bottle in a thick woollen sock and wrapped and cushioned in as many items of clothing as possible. When I got to the airport(Geneva) I found one of those outfits that shrink wrap baggage and had it shrink wrapped. Put the sack on the belt at check in and hoped for the best.

Landed at Manchester and subsequently enjoyed four bottles of good(well travelled) wine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...