Possibly the best extended metaphor ever...?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Marina Hyde on Orange Mussolini’s demise (and raising the alarm on where we may be heading)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/08/us-chaos-britain-fox-...

And so to the founding fathers of this level of mass delusion. It was nice to hear from Mark Zuckerberg, who grandly announced he’d blocked Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. This is not so much a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted as doping the horse, whipping it into a frenzy, encouraging it to bolt, fostering a world in which humans are subjugated by horses, monetising every snort and whinny, allowing the very existence of “humans” and “horses” to become just one of a bunch of competing opinions, and then – only when that one particular horse has outlived its usefulness and seems destined for the glue factory – gently closing the stable door with a self-satisfied little “click”.

And do we expect a u turn from our own toytown Trump tribute act, over allowing Rupert Murdoch free rein to drip poison into our national consciousness...? Hmmm- let me think... 

Post edited at 21:36
 Rog Wilko 09 Jan 2021
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

Marina Hyde alone is worth buying the Guardian for. She gets better all the time. I like her work so much better when it doesn't include references to obscure films and music I've never heard of. Recently there's been less of that. 😀

deepsoup 09 Jan 2021
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> Marina Hyde alone is worth buying the Guardian for.

She is, but you get John Crace as well.  Bargain.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...