Photo comp

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 15 Apr 2021

This morning. 

Mark Collins 15 Apr 2021
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Plane Tree?

Myfyr Tomos 15 Apr 2021

Whatever it is, it needs scraping and sanding before repainting.

Agree with Mark. Plane?

Post edited at 19:10
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

It’s quite an interesting tree, nothing plane about it. Check that bark! It’s like a mosaic. What sort of tree is it?

(very bloody funny

Another clue. 

Paul Sagar 15 Apr 2021

Parakeet

In reply to Paul Sagar:

Spot on. 

Myfyr Tomos 15 Apr 2021

Very clever. Couldn't see the bird for the trees...

bouldery bits 15 Apr 2021

I think someone's been sat making Shadow puppets with their hands...

Literally too much time on your hands mate.... :P 

Paul Sagar 15 Apr 2021

Many dozens of them visit our feeders every day (live in London). I know their outlines rather well by now!

In reply to Paul Sagar:

Great birds, and they are noisy things!  Will post a few photos when I get chance. That tree had multiple nest holes. And the sun was blasting straight into it. 

In reply to bouldery bits:

Because I’m immature, whenever I walk past a projector screen I do a ‘V’ shadow puppet.  I’m sure Some Science would prove I’m not the only one.  

In reply to Paul Sagar:

Are people shorter ‘Down South’ coz I’ve smacked my head five times on the door frames of my daughters rented house *. Nearly knocked myself out once and daughter has just spotted scabby wounds.  I left my flat cap Up North and it would have protected me.

It was built 1730. 

In reply to Paul Sagar:

Male and female. Think the male brought some food, and they kissed and cuddled, and they faffed with some twigs.  

Michael Hood 15 Apr 2021

See them in Heaton Park now, noisy things. Hasn't taken them long to come up north.

kathrync 16 Apr 2021
In reply to Michael Hood:

> See them in Heaton Park now, noisy things. Hasn't taken them long to come up north.

Yes, we have some on the outskirts of Glasgow now. Of course, colonies further north could be the result of separate escape/release events to colonies further south - very hard to know. They are pretty cool to see, but I worry about how pervasive they are - seems like this could turn into another grey squirrel situation if they can out-compete native birds.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...