Petzyl Headtorch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave the Rave 02 Nov 2021

Evening

Sorry for a headtorch question but this is subtley different in that I only want a petzyl one.

Main use is dog walking up a hill in the dark.

I currently use an old Myo XP which is a bit tired. Its bright enough for me, giving 80-100 lumens I think.

Looking at an actik core which looks like it will give similar plus the hybrid battery option.

Other choice would be the Swift which is brighter but takes twice as long to charge and isn’t hybrid.

Any thoughts on choices please?

thanks

Dave

Post edited at 19:52
 steveb2006 02 Nov 2021
In reply to Dave the Rave:

No personal experience of it but I know someone else recomending the Aktik Core if that helps.

J101 02 Nov 2021

Got a Tikka which is fine, max output is good enough for walking the dog in the dark. Other handy thing is its lowest output is really good for just reading at night in the tent and battery lasts ages for that.

This has reminded me I keep meaning to buy a Core battery pack to go with it so away to do that.

Would have thought the Actic Core model which is a step above the Tikka should be more than good enough for what you want.

Post edited at 20:29
 SouthernSteve 02 Nov 2021

> Other choice would be the Swift which is brighter but takes twice as long to charge and isn’t hybrid.

Are you sure you can't get a 3AAA battery unit, you used to for the previous models with that battery shape?

OP Dave the Rave 02 Nov 2021
In reply to J101:

Thanks. Going to go with the Actik Core. Won’t be a bad buy for £40. 

Steve- can’t see an adaptor pack for the Swift and probably don’t need the lumens for the charge time. Cheers anyway

Dave

misterb 03 Nov 2021

Yep actik core is a great torch, had one for a few years now, bright enough for night running but the batteries are quite small so 2 hours on brightest setting is pushing it , 90-100 mins is realistic

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...