Petrol via apps: reduce social contact!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Sagar 17 Mar 2020

For those who are need to drive but want to social distance as much as possible, I’ve just discovered that most major fuel suppliers allow you to pay via their apps.

I’ve just installed the ones from BP, Shell and Esso. Handily they come with location finders so you can get to a compatible service station via your smartphone map. 

Paying via the app allows you to touch nothing except the pump handle and have no contact with anyone in the process. A quick squirt of hand cleanser before and after, jobs a good ‘un.

Every little helps!

toad 17 Mar 2020
In reply to Paul Sagar:

Hand cleanser? What is this mythic product of which you speak? The sages say that once upon a time it was a common but unused feature of all apothecaries, but is now believed to be extinct

mondite 17 Mar 2020
In reply to toad:

> Hand cleanser?

You are at a petrol station. Quick squirt on the hands and a match will do the trick.

wercat 17 Mar 2020
In reply to toad:

I use diesel as hand cleanser at the pump, sometimes involuntarily.

SDM 17 Mar 2020
In reply to Paul Sagar:

I use Shell's app for the rare occasions that I find a Shell station at a reasonable price. It works well and gives you occasional offers too.

I was going to download the BP app a while ago but decided against it after reading the terrible reviews.

ianstevens 17 Mar 2020
In reply to Paul Sagar:

Also worth using gloves when available, which they often are at fuel stations

yorkshire_lad2 18 Mar 2020
In reply to Paul Sagar:

and Pay At Pump (where available) doesn't pretty much do that already?

The only difference being the need to enter a PIN?  I figure the risk of using a Pay At Pump PIN pad is similar to using a Pay at Pump fuel nozzle handle?

OP Paul Sagar 18 Mar 2020
In reply to yorkshire_lad2:

Yeah, just one small extra thing though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...