Partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pefa 13 Sep 2019

If your other half has an obnoxious or toxic view of someone or something then does that mean you must be kind of in agreement just by being with someone like that ?

The reason I ask is I seen an atrocious comment by Sharon Osborne about Jeremy Corbyn and I thought ' Would I stay with someone if I really disagreed with them about something like that', and tbh I wouldn't in fact I couldn't. 

David Riley 13 Sep 2019
In reply to Pefa:

No.

Are you sure you don't have an obnoxious or toxic view of someone or something ?  You could be alone forever.

Post edited at 08:03
 summo 13 Sep 2019
In reply to Pefa:

It's called tolerance. 

If you get that upset because one person you don't know said something about another person you don't know, I'd review my priorities or tolerances. 

Stichtplate 13 Sep 2019
In reply to Pefa:

I disagree with my other half on loads of issues. She supports the monarchy, believes in God and (baffling to me) thinks fox hunting should be legal. None of this stuff is a problem because none of it is central to our lives, she doesn't buy her maj tea towels, doesn't go to church and doesn't ride to hounds. On stuff that is central to our lives, we're in complete agreement; how we raise our kids, how we treat our wider families, our obligations to society and local community and our personal standards of honesty and integrity. Most importantly, we love each other. If she should take a take a visceral dislike to a public figure neither of us actually know...so what? I couldn't really give a stuff.

In reply to Pefa:

> If your other half has an obnoxious or toxic view of someone or something then does that mean you must be kind of in agreement just by being with someone like that ?

> The reason I ask is I seen an atrocious comment by Sharon Osborne about Jeremy Corbyn and I thought ' Would I stay with someone if I really disagreed with them about something like that', and tbh I wouldn't in fact I couldn't. 

Your partner is Sharon Osbourne ?

Wow , I thought you had a bit of a hell raising streak Pefa but bloody hell.

Hide your bats everybody. 

EdS 13 Sep 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Pefa best stick to climbing and not take up caving....

OP Pefa 13 Sep 2019
In reply to Pefa:

I just couldn't have another half that I disagreed with on fundamental issues like politics as I think they are your called your other half for a good reason.

So perhaps it doesn't mean Ozzy is an a£&ehole like his former groupie wife but I bet it does. 

Gone for good 13 Sep 2019
In reply to Pefa:

I think it's a fair point.  If you have fundamental differences then you probably aren't best suited to each other. 

dh73 13 Sep 2019
In reply to Pefa:

i suppose it depends if it leads to arguments or not.

I am not defending Sharon Osborne, but from what I can gather, she made the nasty comments about Mr Corbyn because she blamed him for not doing enough to stop anti-Semitism in the labour party. looked at from that angle, her comments take a different complexion?

In reply to Pefa:

"I just couldn't have another half that I disagreed with on fundamental issues"

Can we assume your partners name has cyrillic letters in it ?

Stichtplate 13 Sep 2019
In reply to Pefa:

> I just couldn't have another half that I disagreed with on fundamental issues like politics 

From your posting history shouldn’t that read “I just couldn’t have another half that disagreed with me”.

😂

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...