Part-time, non-contract work

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rockwing 24 Jan 2020

I'm a shift-worker and often have 2-3 days off mid-week, and as I'm currently trying to put as much money away as possible, I'd be keen for a little side-hustle to top me up on my days off. Any ideas who I can approach for work that I could possibly choose which days I work in advance?

I had looked at doing something akin to being an Amazon/DPD delivery driver, but those I've spoken to have said it's a rough gig.

Dax H 25 Jan 2020
In reply to rockwing:

I know a guy who works for deliveroo and he loves it. Works when he wants and doesn't when he doesn't want to. 

What skills do you have though? 

OP rockwing 25 Jan 2020
In reply to Dax H:

Will have a look, but I don't own a scooter!

Mostly aviation operations/flight planning, but I am also very proficient in Word/Excel/PPT, etc. 

I've also previously fueled aircraft, felled trees, lifeguarded & designed commercial kitchens.

Dax H 25 Jan 2020
In reply to rockwing:

You can deliveroo from a push bike. You may be a bit over qualified though. 

bouldery bits 25 Jan 2020
In reply to rockwing:

Sounds like revisiting the lifeguarding might work? 

Sealwife 25 Jan 2020
In reply to rockwing:

Life model at an art class.  Usually fairly lucrative if exceptionally boring once you’ve got used to being naked in front of a group of strangers.

Philip 25 Jan 2020
In reply to Sealwife:

> Life model at an art class.  Usually fairly lucrative if exceptionally boring once you’ve got used to being naked in front of a group of strangers.

A friend tried it but the posture caused him problems I think, all I know is he stopped doing due to complaints of stiffness.

marsbar 26 Jan 2020
In reply to rockwing:

How are you with teenagers?  If you have any sort of experience and you can manage the behaviour then you could try agency cover supervisor work.  You fill in an electronic diary in advance.  Depends where you are if there is much work available.  

climbingnoob 26 Jan 2020
In reply to rockwing:

How about working in a local climbing gym?

Naechi 26 Jan 2020
In reply to rockwing:

RDS firefighter? Not quite non-contract, but your 2-3 days off along with willing to run out the door through the night should be enough availabile/on-call hours for them and you can book on and off as you please. You would need to be fairly close to a station though and training in the first year will absorb any holiday time off from your main job.

Post edited at 13:39

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...