Packaging

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john arran 07 Dec 2019

Just returned from doing some shopping, among which I discovered:

The scissors I bought were plastic-clipped to the packaging, needing a pair of scissors to release

and

The screwdriver I bought was screwed to its plastic packaging, needing - you guessed it - a screwdriver to release

I wonder how many injuries are caused by people trying to bodge their way into such packaging because they are not already in possession of the very thing they're trying to get at!

Ian Parsons 07 Dec 2019
In reply to john arran:

I bought a bodger the other day, and guess what.....

gravy 07 Dec 2019
In reply to john arran:

I normally ask, at the till, for these items to be released from their shackles.

henwardian 07 Dec 2019
In reply to john arran:

Come on, unwrapping a new toy is half the fun!

Next thing you are going to be telling us that putting flatpack furniture together is frustrating

McHeath 07 Dec 2019
In reply to john arran:

They'll be selling canned tin openers next.

tjdodd 07 Dec 2019
In reply to john arran:

Perhaps Outside (other stores available) should start putting all their climbing shoes halfway up Stanage classics.

coinneach 07 Dec 2019
In reply to tjdodd:

We received a package from amazon the other week. In a cardboard box wrapped in plastic bubble wrap.

The contents ? 

Four cushions.

wercat 07 Dec 2019
In reply to john arran:

I have come close myself and so it seems have others

https://www.treehugger.com/green-food/thousands-injured-by-adiabolicala-pac...

SilverMan 08 Dec 2019
In reply to john arran:

I once suffered from opening a plastic bag. Cut my finger. It is strange why in our time, can’t come up with simple and safe packaging.

Jenny C 08 Dec 2019
In reply to john arran:

Once broke a fingernail at an airport, so bought a set of 'air travel approved' nail clippers.

Two flights later and having narrowly avoided a chipped tooth, I unpacked my leatherman from the hold bag and (after trimming the aforementioned nail with the lovely scissors) was finally able to open the packaging on my now redundant nail clippers.

Post edited at 13:44

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...