Oops, that backfired!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 19 Jan 2022

Czech folk singer dies after deciding to catch Covid rather than getting vaccinated. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60050996

Neil Williams 19 Jan 2022
In reply to girlymonkey:

Give that person a Darwin Award!

In reply to girlymonkey:

That's rather sad.

On another forum, someone said they had just recovered from omicron, and that it wasn't that bad. When I suggested it may have been moderated by vaccination (assuming they were vaccinated), the reply was "Im not vaxxed, I prefer natural immunity, like with any other flu."

Those going for 'natural immunity' are taking quite a gamble.

Of course, the deniers will no doubt dismiss this as 'fake news' propaganda.

Post edited at 16:53
 Dax H 19 Jan 2022
In reply to girlymonkey:

It's a shame, she doesn't sound like an anti vax nut job. 

Stichtplate 19 Jan 2022
In reply to captain paranoia:

> On another forum, someone said they had just recovered from omicron, and that it wasn't that bad. When I suggested it may have been moderated by vaccination (assuming they were vaccinated), the reply was "Im not vaxxed, I prefer natural immunity, like with any other flu."

Bit like saying “I don’t wear a helmet, I prefer the natural protection provided by my skull”

Dax H 19 Jan 2022

> That's rather sad.

> On another forum, someone said they had just recovered from omicron, and that it wasn't that bad. When I suggested it may have been moderated by vaccination (assuming they were vaccinated), the reply was "Im not vaxxed, I prefer natural immunity, like with any other flu."

> Those going for 'natural immunity' are taking quite a gamble.

> Of course, the deniers will no doubt dismiss this as 'fake news' propaganda.

Last year one of the lads at work got Delta, very much an anti vax, anti mask, it's all government control but didn't go as far as micro chips, 5g and lizard overlords. All he has was a sore throat for about 24 hours then perfectly fine. Obviously he now uses this "evidence" to back up his point that there is nothing to worry about.

Try telling that to a guy I have worked with at a customer for years who also got Delta after being double vaxinated who spent 13 days in a medical induced coma on a ventilate and 3 months later he is still that weak that it takes all his energy to turn over in bed.

I'm also hearing a lot of anger at the moment from vaxinated people who got ill over the last month, probably Omicron due to the symptoms being basically a bad cold. The anger is over 2 years of restrictions for something that is nothing more than a bad cold. Trying to point out that A they are vaxinated and B Omicron could have easily gone either was and C a metric shit ton of people have died or been left with serious medical problems falls on deaf ears. 

wercat 19 Jan 2022
In reply to Dax H:

that's like the Brexiteer who said that all the fuss about the Millennium Bug was nonsense!  I was vaccinating programs like mad for years before the turn of the century and they would definitely have screwed up completely without amendment (aircraft maintenance schedules [overhaul, service or replace operations] in particular, giving notice of mainenance required according to recorded flying hours would have failed completely)

In the immediate run up it would merely have been sick pay and holiday payments to operatives which would also have failed completely

but who cares if you're in a Brexshite debate in Parliament spouting lies?

Post edited at 17:25
 Ciro 19 Jan 2022

> That's rather sad.

> Those going for 'natural immunity' are taking quite a gamble.

Indeed - my partners sister has just come off the oxygen and might get out of hospital tomorrow. She wasn't a conspiracy theorist, she just wasn't sure whether the vaccine was potentially worse than the thing it was trying to cure. She'd heard some horror stories about people having adverse reactions, including someone at work who's heart had allegedly stopped for three minutes (an odd story, but apparently this person had some medical issues that meant they were expecting trouble, and was therefore told to get her injection at a hospital rather than another clinical setting), and isn't a particularly critically minded individual, so didn't want to engage in conversations on the statistics.

She has her own horror story now - I imagine being told your lung function is at 20% of that required to sustain life without supplemental oxygen, and your bloods are showing significant organ damage due to your immune system going after them, is pretty scary.

I haven't asked, but I hope she will become a vaccine advocate now...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...